DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 3 Pro Smart RC controller file transfer

BroomRider

Reactions
I see in various descriptions about how to use Quick Transfer to transfer the files from the drone to a mobile device.

I don't have, use, or like "smartphones". Call me old-fashioned, label me a curmudgeon, that's just how I am.

Is there a way to transfer the photo & video files from the drone to the RC controller, so I can watch them on the RC controller?

So far, the only way I can review &/ watch those files is transferring them via USB cable to my computer, & then access them from there.

The only files I can see on the RC controller are the thumbnails in horrible resolution, & the flight logs, & trying to access the former requires the drone to be powered on.

I tried a workaround & since the controller microSDXC card isn't shown in my computer at all when connected using a USB cord, I removed it from the controller & moved it to my computer card slot & then while the drone was powered on, manually transferred the files from the card in the drone to the controller card via USB cord, & then moved the card from my computer & re-inserted it into the controller.

Still, no dice. No files are shown in my controller menu aside from the flight logs.

Is there any way to watch the files from the drone card directly without using a smartphone, or transferring them to my computer, as in, watching them on my controller?

I also noticed that the RC controller formatted its card like an Android mobile device.

Thanks in advance!

I see in various descriptions about how to use Quick Transfer to transfer the files from the drone to a mobile device.

I don't have, use, or like "smartphones". Call me old-fashioned, label me a curmudgeon, that's just how I am.

That's just how it is_20220807_111553.JPG

If you are flying a drone, latest technology, how are you old fashioned, get yourself an iPad mini it may solve your problem , cheers Len
maybe because the drone is only part of the kit needed to enjoy its full potential...the picture-taking is the start of the process and enjoying the captured moments requires other equipment to appreciate the technology.
If you can't keep up or are unwilling to acquire the full experience then stop complaining

I don't get it////see below!

Videos were taken in 1080 mode.
You have a 4K camera and only use 25% of its output?

Senior moment I think!!! (Analogue generation)

Last edited:
Is there any way to watch the files from the drone card directly without using a smartphone, or transferring them to my computer, as in, watching them on my controller?

I also noticed that the RC controller formatted its card like an Android mobile device.

Thanks in advance!
The simple answer to your question is "no." Quick Transfer only works with the N1 controller with a smart-device connected.

The DJI RC runs on a very bare-bones, locked-down version of Android 10.

Reactions: BroomRider
The simple answer to your question is "no." Quick Transfer only works with the N1 controller with a smart-device connected.

The DJI RC runs on a very bare-bones, locked-down version of Android 10.
You don't need the controller as the app will detect the drone via BT on startup and a popup will show the option for QT via the mobile device

maybe because the drone is only part of the kit needed to enjoy its full potential...the picture-taking is the start of the process and enjoying the captured moments requires other equipment to appreciate the technology.
If you can't keep up or are unwilling to acquire the full experience then stop complaining

I don't get it////see below!

You have a 4K camera and only use 25% of its output?

Senior moment I think!!! (Analogue generation)
I was exploring the different video modes. I figured the larger files of the higher resolutions might be an issue, so I recorded some in the 1080 mode to see if that made any difference.

Thank you for your kind & thoughtful reply. /s

Then the OP says he records in 1080p after complaining about the output (WLF)
You're correct when you say you're confused & don't understand my query.

BTW, I'm female, as in, "She".

I wrote in plain English, & I tried to be clear in my writing & in my description, with additional detail so my query was easily understood.

If you require me to re-write it so that both my query & your understanding of it is improved, I'll do my best.

However, there's only so much for which I can compensate.

Reactions: MS Coast

I wrote in plain English, & I tried to be clear in my writing & in my description, with additional detail so my query was easily understood.

If you require me to re-write it so that both my query & your understanding of it is improved, I'll do my best.

I get what you are asking. I too don't think its necessary to do "quick transfer" as I see a YouTube video using the RC controller to do the job. Its obvious that it is not a phone. It is the controller. And btw, I too am a "She". Maybe that's why I understand LOL. No offense guys, really!!! Here's the vid:

Last edited:
I get what you are asking. I too don't think its necessary to do "quick transfer" as I see a YouTube video using the RC controller to do the job. Its obvious that it is not a phone. It is the controller. And btw, I too am a "She". Maybe that's why I understand LOL. No offense guys, really!!! Here's the vid:

Well hopefully by now you have figured out that upgrading the controller makes this process work. Rewording my inquiry found this lovely bit of info elsewhere on this forum. Cheers, and happy soaring.

Well hopefully by now you have figured out that upgrading the controller makes this process work. Rewording my inquiry found this lovely bit of info elsewhere on this forum. Cheers, and happy soaring.
I had not figured that out... but I am guilty of being in a hurry and eager to learn and use this drone. Your original question was clear enough... Google brought me here because I had the same question. So, thank you for coming back to share this clue. Much appreciated!

Reactions: KLRSKIR

Sorry we were all pretty much confused about which gender you identified as BroomRider. Your profile pic doesn't do you justice and I for one figured if Harry Potter rides a broom then..... you know...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121