DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro firmware problem

Odnicokev

Reactions
Hello
I bought a Probty 3950 mAh brand battery. It worked perfectly until the last firmware update. Now i have the message non DJI battery take off impossible
How can i roll back to an other version of the firmware. how can i find it and how to install it.
My drone firmware is 1.00.500
I'm a french user that why my last firmware maybe different
Thank you

Last edited:
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Are you asking if you can roll back the firmware on the battery?
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

Reactions: sarahb
Hi,
Do you mean this message ?

Capture d’écran 02-05-2024 19.56.16.jpg

But I can take off...

You can download older firmware here:
But I don't think you can install it without some hacking , DJI is blocking firmware downgrade.

The battery message you get is to prevent people using third-party batteries.

"...DJI is blocking firmware downgrade.

The battery message you get is to prevent people using third-party batteries."
“Big Brother & the Nanny State” strikes again!

“Thank you for purchasing DJI products! Although you spent lots of money, you still don't actually own it, so long as we can control it, what you can buy to use with or on it, how it functions, & where it can go.”

From people who grew up in such a culture & know nothing else, that might seem acceptable.

For others who weren't, not so much; it is unacceptable at best, & repugnant at worst.

Hi,
Do you mean this message ?

View attachment 174716

But I can take off...
Thank you for your answer. but no that was the message I had before the last update.
I could take off, this message was a warning message.
But since the new update, this battery is completely unusable.
Knowing that DJI's "large capacity" battery is not sold in Europe.
The practice of blocking by firmware seems to me to be on the verge of legality.
Because I can legally ask DJI that my mini 4 pro be labeled C1 and in this case, I would no longer be blocked by the 249gr limit. But I would not be able to use the large capacity batteries available in Europe!!!

Thank you for your answer. but no that was the message I had before the last update.
I could take off, this message was a warning message.
But since the new update, this battery is completely unusable.
Knowing that DJI's "large capacity" battery is not sold in Europe.
The practice of blocking by firmware seems to me to be on the verge of legality.
Because I can legally ask DJI that my mini 4 pro be labeled C1 and in this case, I would no longer be blocked by the 249gr limit. But I would not be able to use the large capacity batteries available in Europe!!!

“Big Brother & the Nanny State” strikes again!

“Thank you for purchasing DJI products! Although you spent lots of money, you still don't actually own it, so long as we can control it, what you can buy to use with or on it, how it functions, & where it can go.”

From people who grew up in such a culture & know nothing else, that might seem acceptable.

For others who weren't, not so much; it is unacceptable at best, & repugnant at worst.
Indeed, Europe allows me to use large capacity batteries, but DJI prohibits me from doing so.

• Sad
Reactions: BroomRider
You can download older firmware here:
But I don't think you can install it without some hacking , DJI is blocking firmware downgrade.

The battery message you get is to prevent people using third-party batteries.
Indeed, this is not possible.
Thanks DJI !!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard