DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI PILOT - M2E Combo still a few bugs

Cookedinlh

Reactions
Running PILOT through its paces on the M2E last week I've com across a few bugs I think. It's definitely a step up from Go4 and these kinks are minor but need to get sorted out.
1. The "Bottom Auxiliary Lighting" ie "Landing Light" setting is not persistent - Means it resets back to AUTO at start of every flight. I tend to know my settings from previous flights. It saves a lot of menu hunting checklist to make sure you trust it's last settings. Camera settings and sensor settings remain . . Landing light should too.
2. Same with the Histogram. It always comes up covering the flight data and I have to take time to move it out of the way when I am concentrating on flight check and departure.
3. The distance on the display stops at 998ft. It seems accurate till that point but anything beyond does not change. This may be a CrystalSky compatibility issue but more likely a PILOT software glitch. I forgot to make note if it becomes active again on the way back below 998.
4. Spot Light brightness setting is handy . .but it only allows 0-50% . . if that is as bright as it should go? . . then that should be 100% or it's missing half it's intended brightness.

Last edited:
Running PILOT through its paces on the M2E last week I've com across a few bugs I think. It's definitely a step up from Go4 and these kinks are minor but need to get sorted out.
1. The "Bottom Auxiliary Lighting" ie "Landing Light" setting is not persistent - Means it resets back to AUTO at start of every flight. I tend to know my settings from previous flights. It saves a lot of menu hunting checklist to make sure you trust it's last settings. Camera settings and sensor settings remain . . Landing light should too.
2. Same with the Histogram. It always comes up covering the flight data and I have to take time to move it out of the way when I am concentrating on flight check and departure.
3. The distance on the display stops at 998ft. It seems accurate till that point but anything beyond does not change. This may be a CrystalSky compatibility issue but more likely a PILOT software glitch. I forgot to make note if it becomes active again on the way back below 998.
4. Spot Light brightness setting is handy . .but it only allows 0-50% . . if that is as bright as it should go? . . then that should be 100% or it's missing half it's intended brightness.

Spotlight only exceeds 50% while in the air.

I am confident DJI software engineers have not finished building the pilot app.

I use it with m210 and find it super annoying that such an expensive uas has what is essentially an unfinished app. We have to switch to go4 to make certain changes as some settings are simply missing from pilot. Extra annoying that camera(s) have to be removed from m210 or go4 won’t open.

I’ve noticed this issue you mention about distance not functioning.

Also, streaming for YouTube is missing

I cannot get the map to display “satellite view”

I’ll start keeping a list....

Are you thinking the bird needs to be flying before full power to the light . Wonder if they are concerned about cooling .

Exactly. If you’re not actually flying, it only allows you to go to 50% brightness. After taking off, you won’t have any problems going to 100. Not sure if its because of cooling or to avoid hurting your eyes when starting up.

Exactly. If you’re not actually flying, it only allows you to go to 50% brightness. After taking off, you won’t have any problems going to 100. Not sure if its because of cooling or to avoid hurting your eyes when starting up.
Where did this information come from please?

My Fly-more M2E pkg arrived from Santa so may finally get to try the spotlight out again today . . been crappy weather windy&cold all through Christmas . . 10 deg today. Going to try everything and will post results later

Where did this information come from please?
I received this from DJI TechSupport this morning
"4. The Spot Light brightness can only be adjusted between 0-50% if the motors are not armed. When the motors are armed, you can adjust it to above 50%."
That makes sense I guess and will do some testing today.

I sent them links to my videos on tracking objects at 2.5 miles in "marginal conditions" and they referred me to the M2E specifications noting
"We suggest you fly the drone in a suitable environment as the information on the product page and the user manual suggested. Besdies, Mavic 2 Enterprise does not have tracking function.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further issue.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Happy new year!"

I think they lost something in the translation since I was actually trying to demonstrate to them how precisely and effectively the M2E can track under those conditions. I did not ask why there was no "track" function. Oh well . . maybe just keep my comments to the forum.

Last edited:
I received this from DJI TechSupport this morning
"4. The Spot Light brightness can only be adjusted between 0-50% if the motors are not armed. When the motors are armed, you can adjust it to above 50%."
I’ve not seen an adjustment tool in the system. Can you point that out?
Never mind. Found what I was looking for. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143