DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC being sold by DJI "ala carte"

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Has anyone noticed that DJI is selling the DJI-RC on it's own now for $309 for use on DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine and of course the DJI Mini 3 Pro? I was thinking of selling mine since I mostly use the RC-N1 but it's so cheap I'll just keep it.

It's identical to the M3 with the RC Pro.
As soon as DJI has the capacity to split drone and controller production wise, they did and do now.

It's identical to the M3 with the RC Pro.
As soon as DJI has the capacity to split drone and controller production wise, they did and do now.

That's a dynamite price point for one that wants the CONVENIENCE without the EXPENSE of the PRO on the M3. Screen still too dammm small for me. :D I prefer SIZE over CONVENIENCE !! Pretty sure it will sooner rather than later be compatible with most of their other recent drones that use DJI FLY.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Still can’t add third party apps?
Regards

IMO never gonna happen other than with a hack. Even with a hack since memory is so limited it’s unlikely anything other than a small utility app could be run. Can’t imagine having enough memory to run an app such as Litchi. For $309 you get what you pay for.

Reactions: EP32k2 and ssvdh66
IMO never gonna happen other than with a hack. Even with a hack since memory is so limited it’s unlikely anything other than a small utility app could be run. Can’t imagine having enough memory to run an app such as Litchi. For $309 you get what you pay for.
IMO the ideal RC would be one that you can add 3rd party apps, and use with a cross section of drones. A 7 or 8 inch screen would be my preference. Never gonna happen. ☹️
Regards

IMO the ideal RC would be one that you can add 3rd party apps, and use with a cross section of drones. A 7 or 8 inch screen would be my preference. Never gonna happen. ☹️
Regards

I’d have been ecstatic with THIS RC with a 7 or 8 inch screen. :D

Reactions: Gagey52
Has anyone noticed that DJI is selling the DJI-RC on it's own now for $309 for use on DJI Mavic 3, DJI Mavic 3 Cine and of course the DJI Mini 3 Pro? I was thinking of selling mine since I mostly use the RC-N1 but it's so cheap I'll just keep it.

I ordered mine. Ssheduled to artive Aug 4😎

Reactions: lalojamesliz
That's a dynamite price point for one that wants the CONVENIENCE without the EXPENSE of the PRO on the M3. Screen still too dammm small for me. :D I prefer SIZE over CONVENIENCE !! Pretty sure it will sooner rather than later be compatible with most of their other recent drones that use DJI FLY.
And I prefer BRIGHTNESS over either size or convenience!

And I prefer BRIGHTNESS over either size or convenience!
Brightness PLUS size! Well, then the DJ-RC is out because at only 700 nits it's not very bright. I had my hands on a Samsung S22 Ultra phone for a couple weeks at well over 1000 nits and it put the DJI-RC to shame and no it didn't go dark in the heat with auto brightness disabled. Of course it wasn't "convenient" :) but it was noticeably larger than the DJI-RC at 6.8".

Although thinking about it, a "bright" 5" screen that one can can barely see since it's so small (and reflective) isn't so great either. 5" is even smaller than my wife's TINY iPhone MINI at almost 5 1/2". screen. Everyone isn't under 40 with great vision (like me for example at well over 70 with crappy vision). My DJI-RC mostly sits in the drawer now replaced by an 8.3" iPad Mini + RC-N1 which is not quite as bright but at least I can see the text on the screen. :) And NO, it hasn't shut down even in FL 90++ temps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111