DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC-Pro - Love it!! But.....

bkushner

Reactions
Just got mine yesterday and really love it. However there are 2 things that are bothering me a bit.

1. Range...I fly in the same area and it doesn't seem I'm getting the same range as I did with Stock controller. Only flew it once so I don't want to jump to conclusions.

2. My neck hurts! With this controller, the built in Monitor sits lower so I need to look almost straight down to see it. Crinking my neck. Now surely I can hold it out a bit with my arms but then my arms get sore. I'm sure I'll get used to both. Otherwise very happy with it.

Reactions: Norval
The range should be way better with the RC-Pro. Your case will be the first that I know is less. Give it more tries.

Reactions: gppms and GadgetGuy
Just got mine yesterday and really love it. However there are 2 things that are bothering me a bit.

1. Range...I fly in the same area and it doesn't seem I'm getting the same range as I did with Stock controller. Only flew it once so I don't want to jump to conclusions.

2. My neck hurts! With this controller, the built in Monitor sits lower so I need to look almost straight down to see it. Crinking my neck. Now surely I can hold it out a bit with my arms but then my arms get sore. I'm sure I'll get used to both. Otherwise very happy with it.
1. Power output is 4x that of the RC-N1, increasing signal stability, and range.
2. Use a neck strap, and adjust it accordingly, bracing your elbows against your ribs. The two screw holes at the front are for a neck strap.

Sit down while flying. It helps with the posture and position.

Reactions: bkushner
2nd that the range should be way better than stock controller, better latency as well, super smooth 1080p 60fps video feed as well, its a winner all round, my stock controller is left in the dogs play area for them to chew on when bored now.

Reactions: bkushner
2nd that the range should be way better than stock controller, better latency as well, super smooth 1080p 60fps video feed as well, its a winner all round, my stock controller is left in the dogs play area for them to chew on when bored now.
Plus there is no way to simultaneously digitally zoom and adjust the gimbal on the RC-N1. Both functions use the same single scroll wheel, one in combination with with the Fn button, and one without.

Plus there is no way to simultaneously digitally zoom and adjust the gimbal on the RC-N1. Both functions use the same single scroll wheel, one in combination with with the Fn button, and one without.

Though some of us would never want to do both (for me, I would probably not ever need to zoom at all).

So far (not owning either yet), the only thing I think I would miss right away with the RC-N! is the exp. comp wheel.

The single programmable button is enough, doing the 2 things I ever needed C1/C2 for with previous controllers.

Chris

Though some of us would never want to do both (for me, I would probably not ever need to zoom at all).

So far (not owning either yet), the only thing I think I would miss right away with the RC-N! is the exp. comp wheel.

The single programmable button is enough, doing the 2 things I ever needed C1/C2 for with previous controllers.

Chris
After briefly using the digital zoom, I have to agree with you. For video, it's either 1x or 7x, which are more easily changed by touching the screen, to jump between them in Explore Mode. The digital zoom is great for exploring for video and still opportunities, where matching the gimbal elevation to the change in zoom is less critical. There still is no exposure compensation wheel even on the RC-Pro, unless I have missed a configuration setting. You have to use the 5 way button for that. One wheel is for the gimbal and the other is for the zoom, just like on the M2Z controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair