DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC231 controller for Air 2 won't recalibrate right joystick

TheMajestic

Reactions
I have the DJI Air 2 with the RC 231 controller. I was in mid-flight when I "panned right" with the joystick and the drone kept going in that direction even after i let go of the joystick. I safely landed the drone. I went to recalibrate the controller and I couldn't get the right joystick to calibrate for the Left-Right calibration. I've called DJI, no help there. I went to the DJI assistant on the computer to do a reset of the controller and it wouldn't give me that option. My battery is fully charged and the firmware is up to date. Is the controller completely broken at this point?

This is somewhat concerning, I am fairly certain this is the third jotstick sensor problem that has croppoed up in the last few weeks. One is here
Right stick not registering lateral movements.
and I think the other might be on the DJI forum but at the moment I can't find it.
How old is the controller?
Try a different stick mode and see if the fault moves with the yaw action? I don't think it will but.........
If the controller is not under warranty are you handy enough to open it and check for cracked solder joints, loose wires or plugs that have come loose?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMajestic
This is somewhat concerning, I am fairly certain this is the third jotstick sensor problem that has croppoed up in the last few weeks. One is here
Right stick not registering lateral movements.
and I think the other might be on the DJI forum but at the moment I can't find it.
How old is the controller?
Try a different stick mode and see if the fault moves with the yaw action? I don't think it will but.........
If the controller is not under warranty are you handy enough to open it and check for cracked solder joints, loose wires or plugs that have come loose?
Thanks for the quick response. So it's the original controller (purchased Dec. 2021). It still flys but won't respond now to lateral movements at all. i'll check the link you posted and see if i can get any insight on that.

If you don’t find a simple solution, DJI will send a replacement after they receive yours, for very reasonable price. Just open a ticket, they provide labels. Mine have taken about 2 weeks or less, incl ship times. Always a like new returns, new ser #.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne