DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller…

Martin_D

Reactions
I’ve received an email from Heliguy… Limited number of Smart Controllers in stock.
Just ordered mine and it’s coming tomorrow. I hope it’ll be worth the wait.

I fitted one before going out for a short test flight. I’m absolutely blown away with the controller and being able to see what I’m videoing/photographing in such clarity is a game changer for my drone photography.

Reactions: dtp
Totally agree Martin, a game changer for me been using it since I purchased it for my PfCO OE test back in April.. Enjoy.
I fitted one before going out for a short test flight. I’m absolutely blown away with the controller and being able to see what I’m videoing/photographing in such clarity is a game changer for my drone photography.

Reactions: Martin_D
Hi newbie here, I have just got the smart controller with my M2 Pro, but Im not getting any sound recorder to videos. can anyone tell me how to switch the mic on in the settings, im finding it a bit confusing at the moment.
No mic on the SC, just the speaker.

yes there is, look in the manual marked NO 14 in the image, it just records at very low volume, some people have tried recorder apps without much success, would be a good idea for people to read the manual instead of posting wrong info.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Editor
Correct, I misspoke. The microphone is there, just not practical to use until a later firmware update. According to DJI, "...regarding the microphone that can be used during screen recording, as of the moment, this function is on the developing schedule. Will be added in a later version of the firmware."

Related question: how do you all like the DJI smart controller? I was about to buy it, but then I saw a horrible review on Amazon. Is it true that using it requires frequent frustrating calls to technical services? I hear from all sources that the image is great, but it sounds as though one needs to do a whole lot of frequent and complex troubleshooting. Is that really the case? Thank you!

Related question: how do you all like the DJI smart controller? I was about to buy it, but then I saw a horrible review on Amazon. Is it true that using it requires frequent frustrating calls to technical services? I hear from all sources that the image is great, but it sounds as though one needs to do a whole lot of frequent and complex troubleshooting. Is that really the case? Thank you!
Do a quick search here for
Smart Controller
and you will find a lot of comments.

To answer you directly, I have been using it for 7 months, keep it's firmware updated and have had zero issues with it. Most of the comments I have seen here are very positive, in particular as to ease of use and screen brightness vs. phone screens.

I like mine a lot. Using it since March and have had no issues at all with it. It's much better than the standard rc.

Reactions: Rattydude77
I like mine a lot. Using it since March and have had no issues at all with it. It's much better than the standard rc.
Its brilliant worth every penny, just wish they would hurry up with air2 update then it will be perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S