DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Video/Picture Counter Annoying Reset

Robert Granata

Reactions
So I just found out that the "continuous" setting in the file index mode, that labels the videos and pictures in a sequential fashion, resets itself to DJI_0001.mp4 after recording DJI_0999.mp4 . Actually I was taking a Litchi Pano and after taking picture 0999 it created a new subdirectory on the card (101MEDIA) and reset the counter to 0001.This kind of blows because now when I download the files it wants to overwrite the original files. I could just keep them in a separate subdirectory, but I think it is going to get confusing around the time I have 4 different DJI_0502.mp4 files. So now I have to rename them before I can bring them into my editing software library or they will overwrite the existing clips. It is not like file names are so limited in size that they couldn't go to 100,000 or more. Is there something I am not seeing in the settings? Is it Litchi? Is it me?

So I just found out that the "continuous" setting in the file index mode, that labels the videos and pictures in a sequential fashion, resets itself to DJI_0001.mp4 after recording DJI_0999.mp4 . Actually I was taking a Litchi Pano and after taking picture 0999 it created a new subdirectory on the card (101MEDIA) and reset the counter to 0001.This kind of blows because now when I download the files it wants to overwrite the original files. I could just keep them in a separate subdirectory, but I think it is going to get confusing around the time I have 4 different DJI_0502.mp4 files. So now I have to rename them before I can bring them into my editing software library or they will overwrite the existing clips. It is not like file names are so limited in size that they couldn't go to 100,000 or more. Is there something I am not seeing in the settings? Is it Litchi? Is it me?
I don't think it is you or litchi, I think DJI strikes again, same thing with waypoints, you can only get to 99 then you get an error. It only becomes an issue when you are doing mapping in most cases.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure