DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do car chargers have any practical value?

I can't answer your question about the power distribution of your car, but I wouldn't have thought that the car charger charges faster. I'm wondering, I have some wall chargers that I used to use to charge 12v mototcycle batteries. I'm wondering if I could hook up a car plug to one of those chargers and use my car adapter to charge one of my DJI M2 batteries?

Is a dedicated drone battery charger better/worse than having an 12v sine wave inverter that powers the DJI wall charger?

Is a dedicated drone battery charger better/worse than having an 12v sine wave inverter that powers the DJI wall charger?
I don't know, but I have two dedicated chargers now... The DJI one that came with the fly more kit and a Hanatora one that can charge and discharge. I reallly like the Hanatora that I've had for a few days. It charges two batteries simutaneously at a full 3amps each, and if more batteries just shares the 6amps of power it provides as well as having discharge capability. Perhaps I'll use the car charger one day when out in the field shooting a lot.

Reactions: brent10
I didn't have a car charger for my MM but I have one now. I do a lot of outdoor stuff, camping, fishing.. Etc. There are times where there isn't electrical power except for my car. So yes they are very handy.

The DJI 12 VDC car charger provides 4.54 Amps while the 120 VAC wall charger provides 3.53 Amps.
My RV has both 12VDC and 120 VAC outlets which I use to full advantage by charging using both my car chargers and wall chargers.

I would say the dedicated DJI car charger is better. Much more efficient and faster charging than an inverter + wall charger. I rarely use my inverters now that I have dedicated 12V chargers.

Reactions: Thomas B
I would say the dedicated DJI car charger is better. Much more efficient and faster charging than an inverter + wall charger. I rarely use my inverters now that I have dedicated 12V chargers.

Forgot to add...I have a smart Controller. Would that have any impact on your decision? My car doesn't have 120 VAC.

I also have a smart controller. It can be charged via a USB port in the car or via a USB charger plugged into a cigarette lighter port. It will probably charge more slowly than the 3 Amp DJI wall charger than came with the Smart Controller.

Good to know! My car charger never left the Fly More box... but now it will permanently live in my car. Thanks!

-Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird