DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do flight records sync from phone to phone ?

John_Howard3105

Reactions
So after much deliberation and countless hours of youtube reviews etc I am going to buy the MA2 fly more combo over the M2P standard.

I am thinking of buying a cheap android phone to use on the controller instead of my iPhone so that i could still take a phone call if need be. Will my flight records sync to the Fly app on my iPhone so that i can view them when the android phone is in the case with the drone ?

Does anyone else do such a thing ?

Yes, but the Fly app synchronization with DJI servers has been corrupting the files! Not sure if this is now fixed, but it is a known issue!

Yes, but the Fly app synchronization with DJI servers has been corrupting the files! Not sure if this is now fixed, but it is a known issue!
Thank you, hopefully fixed now. Would i need a sim card and data plan in the android phone to use the Fly app ? I am thinking that i could just tether it to my iPhone for data then it would work fine right ?

Thank you, hopefully fixed now. Would i need a sim card and data plan in the android phone to use the Fly app ? I am thinking that i could just tether it to my iPhone for data then it would work fine right ?
Correct. You only need wifi for syncing, assuming it isn't still corrupting. The workaround was to turn auto-syncing OFF before each flight, and turn it back to on after the flight, to allow the syncing, and then turn auto-syncing back to OFF again before the next flight.

Reactions: hiflyer201
When you buy the phone, be careful for the compass...should be with compass, otherwise you will no able to see the drone orientation when it is out of sight....

When you buy the phone, be careful for the compass...should be with compass, otherwise you will no able to see the drone orientation when it is out of sight....
Thanks ! I'm scrapping the idea as i have read that the Fly app needs 64bit android OS and those phones are more expensive.

Thanks ! I'm scrapping the idea as i have read that the Fly app needs 64bit android OS and those phones are more expensive.
Every Xiaomi is fine and not so expensive. Your thinking for using different phone for the drone is really good..actually it is must to. The main phone, does not matter Android or Iphone is full with any kind of applications and they could inflict problems to Dji Fly. So go ahead and buy some Xiaomi or Huawej as well...

Every Xiaomi is fine and not so expensive. Your thinking for using different phone for the drone is really good..actually it is must to. The main phone, does not matter Android or Iphone is full with any kind of applications and they could inflict problems to Dji Fly. So go ahead and buy some Xiaomi or Huawej as well...
I have seen a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T, would that work ? In the meantime i will use my old iPad mini, will the stock apple cable reach an iPad mini or should i buy a slightly longer one ?

Thanks ! Thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy tab a8. Anyone got that ? Does anyone prefer to fly with a tablet instead of a phone ? I know the pixel density won’t be as clear on the tablet but I’m wondering what the experience is like.

Thanks ! Thinking of getting the Samsung galaxy tab a8. Anyone got that ? Does anyone prefer to fly with a tablet instead of a phone ? I know the pixel density won’t be as clear on the tablet but I’m wondering what the experience is like.
Galaxy tab A8 - no compass. I am using Huawei MediaPad M5, 10". This is game change issue, I never use phone already...

Reactions: John_Howard3105
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica