DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the side sensors only work in "T" mode,not "P" and of course not "S"?

offtheback

Reactions
Am I correct that side sensors only work in "T"mode.Works in active and some other special modes.That's what the manual seems to say.

Reactions: calmar81
Am I correct that side sensors only work in "T"mode.Works in active and some other special modes.That's what the manual seems to say.
Yep, that’s right.

Maybe there will come more options later to enable / disable them, but for me they seem to have more constraints / requirements than front / back and even top / down sensors.

Also I realized, there’s also only one hole for the lateral sensors. All other sensors are doubled, aren’t they? So maybe they aren’t as poweful or don’t have enough resoluton or are simply slower than their counterparts on other sides of the drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
Yep, that’s right.

Maybe there will come more options later to enable / disable them, but for me they seem to have more constraints / requirements than front / back and even top / down sensors.

Also I realized, there’s also only one hole for the lateral sensors. All other sensors are doubled, aren’t they? So maybe they aren’t as poweful or don’t have enough resoluton or are simply slower than their counterparts on other sides of the drone.
Guess I won't be flying sideways without a strong VLOS!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asteri