DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anybody know any cool and legal places to fly in or around the bay area? (I live in Palo Alto)

weekday morning and evenings are you're best bet to stay away from people but I would think a ride along Niles Canyon should reveal lots of interesting flying sites.

Hey Julius, awesome video on Point Bonita Lighthouse! You must of launched from where the old Artillery Battery Silos located! I was checking out the Sectional Charts on Restrictions! I could Not see any National Marine Life sanctuary restrictions. in that location awesome.
Most of that area is National Park land, so make sure you’re following their rules as well.

Reactions: MavicPeter
The previous threads in this section contains very specific legal spots to fly in the Bay Area, and makes for some good reading. In the last several months I have flown from over 50 different locations, all legal from both a FAA and local/regional/state code standpoint.

Use an app like Kittyhawk to get authorization to fly in places you normally wouldn’t think you can fly. It will show how most of the Stanford campus is a NFZ.

I‘m planning to get some fireworks footage of Gilroy’s display this weekend. The airspace is unrestricted and I’ll be flying over a rural area with a clear vantage point to the Gilroy High School fireworks launch site. I’ll be at a safe distance of a half mile away, since the larger fireworks exceed our 400-foot max altitude.
Is it legal to fly over USCG TRACEN Petaluma? I can't find anything that say it is not legal??Thanks

Dang, when did they change that? It was one of my favorite places. Do hang gliders still take off from there?
“The public may not launch, land, or operate unmanned aircraft at Golden Gate National Recreation Area.

Beyond the nuisance they may pose to other visitors, our primary concern is for public safety and protection of park resources. Drone users are subject to a citation of $125 plus fees.”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair