DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does cajoling DJI CS help?

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I sent another angrygram to DJI today. Within an hour they sent me a UPS number. (UPS have not yet picked up of course...).

Coincidence? Perhaps.

The funny thing is the status board now says "Delivered" (Should say "shipped"). Who knows when it will get here. I demanded Overnight shipping (yeah, rhiiiiiiiiiggggghhhtt). But I doubt I'll have it until the middle of next week.

Thanks for listening. I feel much better now. Maybe.

Happy to listen to you vent ;)

I have found that calling them, chatting with them, or emailing them helps speed things along a little bit, or at least gives you a more accurate status if your claim is in Cyber-limbo.

Happy to listen to you vent ;)

I have found that calling them, chatting with them, or emailing them helps speed things along a little bit, or at least gives you a more accurate status if your claim is in Cyber-limbo.
And I have personally discovered this vendor named @Thunder-drones who has much better service and actually listens. Perhaps you heard of it?

And I have personally discovered this vendor named @Thunder-drones who has much better service and actually listens. Perhaps you heard of it?

Thanks for the praise. Im happy to help.

I'm sure he's great. OTOH I doubt he would do a no charge warranty repair including S&H.

Nope I dont work for free but I do work for less than any other hobby shops including DJI. I help people who dont have warranties, or who dont want to wait 6 weeks for a warranty repair only to get back a refurbished drone instead of the new one they sent in, or a drone with the same problem as the one they sent in. My turnaround time is a few days, not months.

Nope I dont work for free but I do work for less than any other hobby shops including DJI. I help people who dont have warranties, or who dont want to wait 6 weeks for a warranty repair only to get back a refurbished drone instead of the new one they sent in, or a drone with the same problem as the one they sent in. My turnaround time is a few days, not months.

It certainly was not a criticism and I'll come to you first ... after warranty! I have no urgent need for my MP (but I'm still impatient) and want _them_ to replace _their_ faulty camera. Also have the P4P to keep me flying. As to the weather ...

It certainly was not a criticism and I'll come to you first ... after warranty! I have no urgent need for my MP (but I'm still impatient) and want _them_ to replace _their_ faulty camera. Also have the P4P to keep me flying. As to the weather ...
Well, I'm still in my warranty, but I'm not sending my drone in for 6 weeks to have the rear plate replaced and I definitely don't want a refurbished drone. My drone is perfect and the tech on board is flawless. @Thunder-drones was kind enough to get me the part for only $25. Besides I accidentally broke the plate completely so the damage probably won't be covered under warranty anymore so I might as well save the cost and, more importantly, the $79 for a replacement drone.

Well, I'm still in my warranty, but I'm not sending my drone in for 6 weeks to have the rear plate replaced and I definitely don't want a refurbished drone. My drone is perfect and the tech on board is flawless. @Thunder-drones was kind enough to get me the part for only $25. Besides I accidentally broke the plate completely so the damage probably won't be covered under warranty anymore so I might as well save the cost and, more importantly, the $79 for a replacement drone.

Yep - we each decide what to do. In my case the camera is too major a part to screw with - and under warranty.

I do fear getting a different drone back that has other issues. Not to mention losing my nice new skin that only flew a few times...

Are you talking about the plate that blocks the rear arm when opened up? If so, I suggest a reenforcement by epoxying a 3 - 4 mm plastic plate over it.

Yep - we each decide what to do. In my case the camera is too major a part to screw with - and under warranty.

I do fear getting a different drone back that has other issues. Not to mention losing my nice new skin that only flew a few times...

Are you talking about the plate that blocks the rear arm when opened up? If so, I suggest a reenforcement by epoxying a 3 - 4 mm plastic plate over it.
I honestly don't see how that reinforces much. Sure it will make the plate itself stronger, but looking at that it can still break off with the same amount of force as before. My damage is that the arm broke the plate off of the arm joint itself, but the plate itself is intact. It was pushed up.

I based it on damage to Kate's drone a couple months ago and the fact that (at least on mine) the pressure points were clearly at the rear of the little plats and on a tiny area (about 10 mm^2 as seen by 'scuff' marks on the arm and the plate. So while you're correct that the "hinging" area is not improved, at least the tab should not break and for forces should be distributed more evenly. But am reminded of my father's admonition to not just "move" the weak point.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr