DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

does mavic pro works camera work on platinum

Reactions
HI I recently bought a mavic pro camera to replace my platinum camera that started acting up due to sand getting in the gimbal . The replacement does not work and only shows a black screen with the telemetry info only. my question is are they compatable? is the mavic pro camera and platinum the same or is the replacement i got defective.

Maybe the firmware in the camera needs an update to match the firmware of your MPP?
Check it with the assistant software.

I already tried updating the software twice via DJI assistant is there a specific procedure to update the camera software. I was thinking it’s just a software issue also but not sure how to check.

I already tried updating the software twice via DJI assistant is there a specific procedure to update the camera software. I was thinking it’s just a software issue also but not sure how to check.
I had answered the same as Lake_Flyer’s post on another thread that you started. Generally re updating FW should have taken care of your issue as the camera and gimbal are identical on both the MP and MPP.
You might want to re check your connections to the gimbal top controller board. They must snap in securely and be sure none of the pins are bent and out of place. Further more you mentioned sand with in the origional camera.
Some of this sand could have entered the connection areas during your replacement.
Recheck your work and be sure you haven’t missed anything.
Let us know how it go’s.

Ok so updated the firware again using the dji assistant 2 progran on my computer and same problem . is that the correct way to update the firware? i checked all connections and they all are free of debris and snap in securely. side note only the camera was replaced not the circuit boarrd as the old camera worked fine except for gimbal shakes . maybe the camera is just a cheap knockoff as i bought it on ebay. any other ideas?

Start Mavic then once you have your phone and RC connected, rotate the right top wheel on the RC and brighten up the screen. It's just a case that your EV is way to dark and you are getting a black screen. Once you have screen brightness then go into camera settings and reset camera.

Start Mavic then once you have your phone and RC connected, rotate the right top wheel on the RC and brighten up the screen. It's just a case that your EV is way to dark and you are getting a black screen. Once you have screen brightness then go into camera settings and reset camera.
That didnt wrk. i guess the camera is defective . thnks for all yall help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima