DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't get cocky... too late...

New England Droning

Reactions
Well I almost made it 2 years without a serious crash... Mini 2 was just over the roof looking at a pipe and I "thought" I was heading out over the driveway and nope I was heading into the pine tree and it didn't stay there.. it fell 60' to the pavement... Broken gimbal and the battery door won't close...

Worse yet refresh lapsed before I could renew it... Now I will find out what fixing a drone costs. (no I'm not into DIY) I want it done right...
The images were taken today before he passed into the great beyond...

Attachments

• DJI_0001-2-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0001-2-Edit.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DJI_0048-Pano.jpg
    DJI_0048-Pano.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 48
The tree was just waiting for the care refresh to lapse. Bad luck.:(

is the emote showing funny for anyone else? it seems split between two for me/

Well I almost made it 2 years without a serious crash... Mini 2 was just over the roof looking at a pipe and I "thought" I was heading out over the driveway and nope I was heading into the pine tree and it didn't stay there.. it fell 60' to the pavement... Broken gimbal and the battery door won't close...

Worse yet refresh lapsed before I could renew it... Now I will find out what fixing a drone costs. (no I'm not into DIY) I want it done right...
The images were taken today before he passed into the great beyond...
I've had good experience with Thunderdones Duluth Georgia.He may be able to give you a rough estimate by email but I imagine it's hard to be completely sure what's broken.Good luck.Do you fly Cape Ann much?

Reactions: New England Droning
I've had good experience with Thunderdones Duluth Georgia.He may be able to give you a rough estimate by email but I imagine it's hard to be completely sure what's broken.Good luck.Do you fly Cape Ann much?
I went the official DJI route for the repair and they sent a prepaid UPS label, it was delivered 3 days later, it was repaired/replaced within 24 hrs, and is back on the road to me. ETA 17 Aug. $166 for the repair (with no refresh)...
They sent me a new offer to activate my replacement drone with DJI refresh. There is a new serial number so I'm assuming they just sent a new/refurbished mini2... I'll know when I get it.
But it probably means that I lost my orange skin "Again" and I'm not going to reskin it. but I'll post here what I find when I get it back later this week...

Reactions: offtheback
I went the official DJI route for the repair and they sent a prepaid UPS label, it was delivered 3 days later, it was repaired/replaced within 24 hrs, and is back on the road to me. ETA 17 Aug. $166 for the repair (with no refresh)...
They sent me a new offer to activate my replacement drone with DJI refresh. There is a new serial number so I'm assuming they just sent a new/refurbished mini2... I'll know when I get it.
But it probably means that I lost my orange skin "Again" and I'm not going to reskin it. but I'll post here what I find when I get it back later this week...
Nice result!

One-week turnaround... 7 days. Wrecked my mini 2 on Sunday (7 August). Shipped it out on Wednesday the 10th, As noted above with a broken gimbal and battery cover door. I just got back (16 August) a brand new in-the-box mini 2. I paid $164.00 and they sold me a new refresh policy so $210.00 (I won't let that lapse this time.)
I activated it and bound it to my RC and I'm back in the air again (pic2)
Say what you will about DJI but that is good customer service. $164 may be considered steep by some but it was my stupidity that caused the problem and the $210 is a lot cheaper than buying a Mini 3 Pro (I would have done that if they had come back with $400 or more to repair it...
Not too bad and I walked away from that crash... :cool:

20220816_202242.jpgDJI_0012.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots