DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DRI in DJI Air 2 s

Lepatxuri

Reactions
Hello friends,
I would like to know if the DJI Air 2S has DRI functionality for remote identification. I can't find it and from what I've read, it comes pre-installed. It is required from now on to fly in STS scenarios in Europe.
Thank you very much in advance,

Lepatxuri

DJI put out a firmware update back in September with RID for the Air2. Mine is registered with the FAA however I have iOS so I haven’t been able to verify the RID personally, but the FAA has accepted everything and says I’m compliant.
Hi,
This should be only for the USA, this firmware is not avaliable for Europe yet.

Reactions: whiskey_icarus
Hello friends,
I would like to know if the DJI Air 2S has DRI functionality for remote identification. I can't find it and from what I've read, it comes pre-installed. It is required from now on to fly in STS scenarios in Europe.
Thank you very much in advance,

Lepatxuri
I have to keep looking up abbreviations that people use. I have googled these ones and came up with Direct Reduced Iron and Security Token Service and am guessing that’s not right. I will eventually get to know all the jargon people use. I have just bought an air 2s so was interested in this. I am in Australia so it probably doesn’t apply to me anyway.

This whole issue RID is a mess for us guys in the U.K. if, like me, you have a MA2. Some of the posts above refer to MA2s and others MA2 and the FAA have told me I am not compliant with my Serial Number. However DJI Live Chat told me I am and to simply apply some extra digits to my Serial number when applying for RID recognition with the FAA. It didn’t work and the FAA said “Serial Number not recognised”. In fact they said DJI has failed to register the necessary information with them to allow them to approve MA2 with latest, most up to date firmware (which I have) to be RID compliant. So round and round in circles. Any more light to be shed?

If you check this FAA website, you can see the list of drones that DJI has submitted for compliance.
The Air2 isnt in that list.

I dont know how the FAA compliance issue will affect pilots in other countries.

I have to keep looking up abbreviations that people use. I have googled these ones and came up with Direct Reduced Iron and Security Token Service and am guessing that’s not right. I will eventually get to know all the jargon people use. I have just bought an air 2s so was interested in this. I am in Australia so it probably doesn’t apply to me anyway.
Hi Platty, DRI means Direct Remote Identificación. It is a necessary specification for certain types of flights in Europe from the beginning of 2024. It involves the drone emitting a signal with data from the operator, take-off point and a few more.
The Air 2s has the hardware prepared for this but the firmware in Europe is not updated for use. In the USA I understand that yes.
Let's hope that in Europe they update it soon.
Regards,

You can check if a certificate of compliance for Remote ID has been approved for any drone with the FAA using this link:

The Air 2s is approved compliant (search DJI to see all approved models appear).

Just realized this was an EUS issue - probably best to reach out to DJI chat support (since its likely firmware). They are typically quick to respond to inquiry questions (and often note if its in development, or not currently).

Reactions: whiskey_icarus
Hi Friends,
Remote ID IS already working for the Air 2s on Europe, I actualized the firmware yesterday.
Web can fly legally now on Europe for years.
Yup, just got the info from a friend in the industry, Air 2S is now RID compliant in the EU. Yay! HOWEVER.......it doesn't recognise my operator ID yet. Will have to do some studying.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1