DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Advocacy For Hobbyists in Canada

Zevy

Reactions
I have looked through the threads and cannot find if there are any good drone advocacy groups for hobbyists in Canada. Please advise if there are any active groups. Thanks

I know that the Aircraft Owners and Pilot's Organization is doing some of that. COPA is a sister organization for pilots in Canada. See if they are doing the same.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

I’m sure some Canadian pilots will chime in.

I haven’t been able to find any but am definitely going to write a letter to Transport Canada.

I’ve been studying to get my basic license and it’s completely ridiculous! There is absolutely NO REASON to have to get an actual pilot’s license in order to fly a drone.

I’m sure their reasoning is to discourage people from flying drones in the first place, but it has the opposite effect. Because the courses and testing are so time consuming and difficult AND HAVE VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH FLYING DRONES, people will just fly illegally instead.

It would make far more sense to craft a course aimed directly at drones so that pilots would actually be educated and understand the rules of owning and operating a drone rather than just flying them dangerously, completely oblivious to the rules.

I’m hoping that there are more people in Canada that would get together and advocate for real drone education and testing because the current system is completely ridiculous and contraindicates the reasoning behind it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin