DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Control Options

stevearends

Reactions
I am new to the drone world - only a few weeks in. However, I tend to obsess a bit when I find new endeavors, so I am investing considerable analytical time thinking things through. At this point, I think drones will really really assist in our business - mainly building inspections and damage documentation. Here is where I am at:
  1. Studied and passed the 107
  2. Purchased Air 2S Fly More with Smart Controller 4 weeks ago
  3. Ordered Mini 3 Pro Fly More with RC Controller and it is arriving Monday (supposedly)
  4. Bought an RC Pro controller, mostly for range because I live on 35 Acres in the CO mountains and I'd like to be less worried about losing my aircraft(s)
  5. In general, I am loving the experience of learning how to fly and am blown away with the technology and camera in the Air 2S
And, I have been "thinking" about Mavic 3 too, especially with the new firmware.

However . . . . ., and in the meantime . . . .

In my business, inspections via drone would be able to be done fairly quickly with the below solutions (I know there are more I haven't discovered yet), and this will likely take me a year (or more) to demo and test and use in our actual business before I really "know" what works best, all things considered. I have been researching various 3D, automated flight and AI softwares and there are very specific hardware requirements for the various solutions - basically the tail would wag the dog in the requirements for the drone and controller -example:

1. Loveland Innovations IMGING - requires either Phantom Pro 4, Mavic 2 Pro, Zoom or Enterprise and RC1 with IOS screen - they do not support ANY of the DJI controllers except RC1. And, no Tripltek - IOS device ONLY.
2. House Scan by Skydio obviously requires Skydio, and in this case, I go back to square 1
3. Bees360 - They can use Phantom Pro 4, Mavic 2 Pro, Zoom or Enterprise, or Air2S and require the DJI Smart Controller
4. Litchi - I am not sure this could help in a solution or not

So, I am wondering - "just how many different drones and softwares and controllers am I going to need to buy before I arrive at an acceptable solution for my business? At the moment the IMGING solution appears the closest for my business needs but that means Mavic 2 Pro, RC1 and IOS iPad Mini, none of which own at the moment. It's only money, right? Of these drones I imagine I would get a Mavic 2 Pro and also get Apple iPad Mini with RC1.

Sorry, kind of rambling and don't really expect clear directional advise, but everyone's experience and input from this forum is always valuable and might help me get to better value a little quicker! Thanks!

Reactions: RemoteFlyte
And, no Tripltek - IOS device ONLY.

That's too bad.

The Tripltek tablets are the best when flying outside with the battery life and screen brightness that should work across the fleet.

The iOS devices tend to overheat and dim the screen if used outside as the newer apps are power hungry.

Search results for query: iOS dim screen

but everyone's experience and input from this forum is always valuable and might help me get to better value a little quicker!

I started with an iPad Mini 4 to fly my Spark.

I had to purchase a four sided hood to enjoy flights on sunny days since the screen wasn't bright enough.

The four sided hood works best but can be cumbersome at times.

I purchased the MA2 that uses a different app and the Mini 4 was getting CPU usage alerts. Still worked fine but was pushing the limits of the Mini 4.

The newer Minis are better, but still have a dim screen.

Good luck with your research. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007