DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Drone Crash = Pilot Error = Me.

Wacky roger

Reactions
Drone Crash = Pilot Error = Me.
To The Video:
Went out in the daytime with a note pad and made notes of what I was going to do after dark. I used one battery making sure I could do everything I wanted to do.

I forgot to use my landing lights to check below me before I went down.

My drone was stuck in the tree for a couple of days until our Friend Sam McClosky on his day off used a couple of long poles to get it down. Thank you Sam.

I will be sending the drone (Mavic3 Cine) in to get checked out and repaired. It does fly but major vibration when taking off or landing.

After my drone is repaired I will go back and try this again and this time I hope to do things correctly.

I am thinking this move makes me one of the favorites for the "Dummy Of The Year Award"lebaqnonminenightcrashthumbnail.jpg

Sorry for the issue with the drone!

I too have had tree/drone encounters. I don't think we are alone. There's always value in understanding why things went wrong and for others to learn from our errors. (Mine? Trusting OA. Boringly common.)

I've seen where some will brightly illuminate the a landing spot (in addition to using the landing light). Somewhat surprised it doesn't have an auto-on option.

Sorry for the issue with the drone!

I too have had tree/drone encounters. I don't think we are alone. There's always value in understanding why things went wrong and for others to learn from our errors. (Mine? Trusting OA. Boringly common.)

I've seen where some will brightly illuminate the a landing spot (in addition to using the landing light). Somewhat surprised it doesn't have an auto-on option.
It does have a auto on when it is closer to the ground. Up high I found I need to turn it on. I do hope folks can learn from my mistakes.

An expensive drone to use as a test bed!

Sorry to see your too-close encounter with a tree. Almost impossible to see in the dark, but even in the daylight, you have to constantly monitor the position of the drone as opposed to the tree branches and sometimes it looks safe from your viewpoint, but suddenly things go awry. Ask me how I know... I hope you have the dji insurance. It is a lifesaver and they will often send out a new one even before your old one is received. Good luck.

Sorry to see your too-close encounter with a tree. Almost impossible to see in the dark, but even in the daylight, you have to constantly monitor the position of the drone as opposed to the tree branches and sometimes it looks safe from your viewpoint, but suddenly things go awry. Ask me how I know... I hope you have the dji insurance. It is a lifesaver and they will often send out a new one even before your old one is received. Good luck.
Everything is good. I made a mistake and hope other folks can learn from it. I will go back and this time follow my plan.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas