DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone crashes in to buffalo city hall

Reactions: borislip
The owner was willing to own up to the consequences and apologized. I'm fine with that too. He does need to better configure his dr Me next time.

I'd say this is exactly how stuff like that is supposed to end. He crashed the thing into that window, causing property damage, he owns up to it, paying for the repairs, the media describes it exactly as it really was, an unintentional accident, for which the person at fault is going to pay. As simple as that.

My worry is people will speak up about public safety. If one of these drones fell from a high height it would certainly kill someone. Especially in the city when people are always around. Also another reason I avoid cities is hospital helicopters take off and landing. Helicopters would certainly be susceptible to a drone flying in the city.

I'd say this is exactly how stuff like that is supposed to end. He crashed the thing into that window, causing property damage, he owns up to it, paying for the repairs, the media describes it exactly as it really was, an unintentional accident, for which the person at fault is going to pay. As simple as that.

^^^THIS^^^ Exactly this. The facts, and nothing more. No actual victim (other than the broken window). Nothing about 'what could have happened if'. I see this as nothing more than a guy who dozed off, or got distracted while driving, hit someone's mailbox, but immediately fesses up and takes responsibility. Yes, he could have hit a kid, but he didn't. The consequences are limited to the actual damage.

Yet, read the comments under the linked article. "I think only military and law enforcement ought to have drones". With people who think like this, I'm sure our founding fathers are spinning in their graves. Besides, we see how well that works out - read a report that says US forces killed TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY civilians when an airstrike when bad. Oops. Now THAT is a good reason to crack some skulls.

My worry is people will speak up about public safety. If one of these drones fell from a high height it would certainly kill someone. Especially in the city when people are always around. Also another reason I avoid cities is hospital helicopters take off and landing. Helicopters would certainly be susceptible to a drone flying in the city.

A uas death will lily occurr eventually. However, uas have been proven safe by the millions of flights per day and so far, zero* deaths.

*are there any known deaths in North America from a dji sized drone?

A uas death will lily occurr eventually. However, uas have been proven safe by the millions of flights per day and so far, zero* deaths.

*are there any known deaths in North America from a dji sized drone?

No, silly goose. The US legislative agendas have gone from requiring victims to be harmed in actual crimes, to regulating pre-crimes. Now, all it takes is the potential for harm (no matter how infinitesimal that risk actually is) and it gets over-regulated or outright banned. Home of the Free, Land of the Brave, and all that good stuff...

Does anyone know how this played out?

Did he recieve any fines/charges?

Did his uas get returned? Or do the police still have it?

Will it fly again?

No, silly goose. The US legislative agendas have gone from requiring victims to be harmed in actual crimes, to regulating pre-crimes. Now, all it takes is the potential for harm (no matter how infinitesimal that risk actually is) and it gets over-regulated or outright banned. Home of the Free, Land of the Brave, and all that good stuff...
So cars should be illegal then. Plenty of daily deaths with those.

So cars should be illegal then. Plenty of daily deaths with those.

At the rate things that might cause harm are targeted by legislators (think sugary drinks in NYC and Philly), it wouldn't surprise me. They may wait until they're automated, and then ban manual driving. All joking aside, one cannot ignore the fact that we now have more regs on more things than ever, and the nanny state is run amuck.

This is a sign displayed at a park during the "Freedom Celebration" show. Ironic, no?

upload_2017-3-26_10-33-2.png

Reactions: Cyberpower678
They left out NO Weapons Allowed ,lol

Reactions: kika
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot