DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone drift during hyper-lapse

raztec

Reactions
Can someone please explain why my Mini 3 Pro drifts during hyperlapse?

I keep the drone stationary, and the position doesn't seem to change.
However, it yaws and therefore the camera angle changes significantly.

The wind is mild. Only about 5 miles per hour.

Last edited:
Are you hovering above a floating dock or the water? Being so close to the water or dock the mini is mainly relying on the bottom sensor to hold it's position and if the water or dock is moving, the mini will attempt to follow the waves or movement. Test by gaining altitude, say 20 feet or more and it will rely more on GPS to hold it's position and less on the bottom sensors.

Reactions: mavictk and raztec
Are you hovering above a floating dock or the water? Being so close to the water or dock the mini is mainly relying on the bottom sensor to hold it's position and if the water or dock is moving, the mini will attempt to follow the waves or movement. Test by gaining altitude, say 20 feet or more and it will rely more on GPS to hold it's position and less on the bottom sensors.
Yeah, thanks. I'll try it again without being so close to the water or dock.

Just an FYI. The gimbal and IMU were calibrated before this flight and the firmware is up to date

Without more information it's hard to diagnose your problem.
1/ Were you using the DJI Fly app waypoint function in your (Bob) bridge hyperlapses?
2/ Regarding your original post. You said you were going to do a new one not above the dock/water and at a higher altitude. Did that cure that problem? Have you tried doing a stationary hyperlapse above solid ground and without touching the controls??

Without more information it's hard to diagnose your problem.
1/ Were you using the DJI Fly app waypoint function in your (Bob) bridge hyperlapses?
2/ Regarding your original post. You said you were going to do a new one not above the dock/water and at a higher altitude. Did that cure that problem? Have you tried doing a stationary hyperlapse above solid ground and without touching the controls??
1) In the bridge hyperlapse I was using course lock only.

2) Yes, I did a stationary hyperlapse higher up and that cured the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1