DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone flying

Don’t know the answer to your question but I tried Active Track this weekend with disappointing results. I have a convertible and had to top down tracking at 100 feet driving through my neighborhood. My wife was monitoring. It would lose us whenever I turned a corner, and once after crossing an intersection (4-Way Stop). Maybe too fast? But I’m sure you would have easily kept up on your bike.

Good luck. Hope it works better for you.

Reactions: Fly Girl
Oh that’s a pitty. I also tried it a couple of times on a field, and it was working great. Got the mavic 2 zoom with active track 2.0. But that was on a field with no other people that the drone could try to track instead of me so it wasn’t that hard for the drone to do it. I hope the active track will work like it’s supposed to do when I am biking.

But was just wondering if the drone regulations in the Netherlands + Germany would let me fly above a biking lane without any problems.

Thanks for the response!

Check the rules in that country would be my guess. Normally no drones within 30m of people.

Oh that’s a pitty. I also tried it a couple of times on a field, and it was working great. Got the mavic 2 zoom with active track 2.0. But that was on a field with no other people that the drone could try to track instead of me so it wasn’t that hard for the drone to do it. I hope the active track will work like it’s supposed to do when I am biking.

But was just wondering if the drone regulations in the Netherlands + Germany would let me fly above a biking lane without any problems.

Thanks for the response!
Why do you need to fly over the biking lane, when you can easily fly along parallel to it with no problem, especially with the Zoom, which allows you to fly from even farther away safely? Just watch out for overhanging trees and power lines along the bike path route!

Reactions: Fly Girl
Why do you need to fly over the biking lane, when you can easily fly along parallel to it with no problem, especially with the Zoom, which allows you to fly from even farther away safely? Just watch out for overhanging trees and power lines along the bike path route!
I think I will do that. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I will be going on vacation to Germany, and am planning to go biking a lot just like I do in the Netherlands where I life. But am I officialy allowed to fly my drone above a biking lane, where there is no high way or a car lane attached to? (So a stand alone biking lane) I want to film myself with my drone in active track while I am biking. I will keep in mind the other people biking also on the biking lane.

I don’t know about the legality of this plan in Germany, but none of it seems like a good idea.

I don’t know about the legality of this plan in Germany, but none of it seems like a good idea.
Germany is one of the countries where drone pilots can really benefit from the 2-4x zoom capability of the M2Z, allowing them to stay far away from people, while still getting the shot, as there are minimum distances required away from people, rather than just not flying over people.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre