Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Liability Insurance Survey

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
My liability insurance is coming up for renewal. I live in Canada. I used to insure 4 drones but won't be doing that again. My next years policy is $2M liability for $178 per drone. (~$140US)
I would like to know if anyone in Canada has insurance that covers the Pilot and not the individual drones.
I obtained this kind of coverage when I traveled to Europe a few years ago. It insured me, didn't matter how many drones I had.

If you could please reply stating what country you are in and how your insurance works. I guess you could add who your insurance is with, mine is from Hub International.

Hey, I don't have an answer but was wondering where you got your insurance from? I need 2m liability insurance, flying a Mavic 2 in Alberta.

Hey, I don't have an answer but was wondering where you got your insurance from? I need 2m liability insurance, flying a Mavic 2 in Alberta.
I am in Alberta too. I got insurance for one drone at Hub International (located in Red Deer) cost about $200.

Reactions: Keisersozze
I am in Alberta too. I got insurance for one drone at Hub International (located in Red Deer) cost about $200.
Thanks for the info. For 2million the quote was $750, thats almost car insurance territory. Im guessing it will be similar everywhere else.

Last edited:
My liability insurance is coming up for renewal. I live in Canada. I used to insure 4 drones but won't be doing that again. My next years policy is $2M liability for $178 per drone. (~$140US)
I would like to know if anyone in Canada has insurance that covers the Pilot and not the individual drones.
I obtained this kind of coverage when I traveled to Europe a few years ago. It insured me, didn't matter how many drones I had.

If you could please reply stating what country you are in and how your insurance works. I guess you could add who your insurance is with, mine is from Hub International.
Try AMA…. Insurance including 2.5 million dollars liability is a perk of membership… for about $60 USD/ year. Scroll down on the linked page for more info:

I emailed my drone instructor and her recommended skywatch.ai. They sell insurance by the flight/month/annually. And you can send flight logs for a discount. For those looking at this post at some later point....

I emailed my drone instructor and her recommended skywatch.ai. They sell insurance by the flight/month/annually. And you can send flight logs for a discount. For those looking at this post at some later point....
I looked at skywatch (which is now available in Canada, they weren't a few years ago).

$2M liability is $448 per year or $37.40 monthly.

You can get a 20-30% discount by uploading flight logs.

I looked at skywatch (which is now available in Canada, they weren't a few years ago).

$2M liability is $448 per year or $37.40 monthly.

You can get a 20-30% discount by uploading flight logs.

Great, thanks for the info, i will look into this further. This would solve my issue if I can pay monthly.

I'm looking for similar coverage in the USA. Any suggested providers?

When I was renting human-sized planes a lot, I always had Avemco renter's insurance. I don't know if they do anything in the drone world.

USA suggestions apprciated!

Thx,

TCS

I'm looking for similar coverage in the USA. Any suggested providers?

When I was renting human-sized planes a lot, I always had Avemco renter's insurance. I don't know if they do anything in the drone world.

USA suggestions apprciated!

Thx,

TCS
Check the link in my post above about the AMA ins.

Not really helpful, but just to compare: Have an insurance that includes damage caused by drone(s) with a max of € 2 Million property damage and the same for personal damage (injuries) for €72 a year. But that is germany :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll