DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone not steady hyperlapse

bkushner

Reactions
I’m trying to do a free hyperlapse where I don’t move. Every shot the drone takes it turns to the right very slightly until subject out of frame. Never had this before. Any idea what this could be? No winds. Recently calibrated Imu etc.

My first suggestion would have been to recalibrate compass and IMU, but you just did that. Sorry I could not be more helpful.

My first suggestion would have been to recalibrate compass and IMU, but you just did that. Sorry I could not be more helpful.
Yes...I'm gonna do it again. I did have a firmware upgrade since the calibration.. thanks

I’m trying to do a free hyperlapse where I don’t move. Every shot the drone takes it turns to the right very slightly until subject out of frame. Never had this before. Any idea what this could be? No winds. Recently calibrated Imu etc.

When I do free hyperlapse and hover in place, I draw a box around something, anything.

It helps to prevent drifting.

When I do free hyperlapse and hover in place, I draw a box around something, anything.

It helps to prevent drifting.
OK thanks.. I will try that. I've never had any issue before, even in decent winds. Started with this last firmware update.

It shouldn't drift. I do them in pretty stiff winds and there is no drift. They might not be too pretty but the drone doesn't drift. You can use the Attitude indicator to show if you have a cross wind or not. Wing down means you have a wind from that side as you know. I've done hyperlapse's at pretty good bank angles without drift so I'm sure your drone shouldn't drift. My Air 1 will yaw slowly when It needs the controller calibrated but I doubt if that's your problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ