DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone to RC relationship viewer.

Tomcat16

Reactions
Does anyone know how to correct or fix the drone to RC relationship viewer bottom center of the Go Fly app, mine shows the relationship backwards. It shows the drone behind me when it is in front of me, to the right side when it is left. I have recalibrated my drone orientation.

Thanks

The way I understand it, the RC:drone position indicator works off the GPS in the phone or tablet you're using with the RC, and, in concert with the drone's compass and IMU. So, you might try restarting the phone/tablet or turning the GPS off and on again. Additionally, I would do an IMU calibration for the drone and probably the compass too. That said, I know that SAR107 has stated that one of the most reliable indicators of a potential flyaway is when the position of the drone does NOT match up with the position indicator in the Fly app--so if it was me, I definitely would NOT fly again until you get it sorted out.

It is because the compass in your phone/tablet needs calibrating. Open the google maps app, make a figure 8 using your device. Check the compass reading on the DJI Fly App for accuracy.

The way I understand it, the RC:drone position indicator works off the GPS in the phone or tablet you're using with the RC, and, in concert with the drone's compass and IMU. So, you might try restarting the phone/tablet or turning the GPS off and on again. Additionally, I would do an IMU calibration for the drone and probably the compass too. That said, I know that SAR107 has stated that one of the most reliable indicators of a potential flyaway is when the position of the drone does NOT match up with the position indicator in the Fly app--so if it was me, I definitely would NOT fly again until you get it sorted out.
Thanks, that is great info! It had been working perfectly earlier.
Thanks again for your reply.!

It is because the compass in your phone/tablet needs calibrating. Open the google maps app, make a figure 8 using your device. Check the compass reading on the DJI Fly App for accuracy.
Thank you! I have a Samsung galaxy note 10+ and from time to time it shows the wrong orientation. I will try that!

Thanks again!

Mine does that if I'm standing too close to the car.

Mine was doing the same iphone 11, checked and found compass calibration im my phone settings was switched off, reset all good now

Mine was doing the same iphone 11, checked and found compass calibration im my phone settings was switched off, reset all good now
Thanks for your reply, I have reset my location on my phone but haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Thanks again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adha