DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone won't hover at intermediate waypoints

decaelus

Reactions
Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm trying to get my drone to hover at each of several waypoints for 10 seconds. I create a mission with the waypoints and then set "Stay for" and enter ten seconds into the field for each waypoint.

However, the drone will only hover for ten seconds at the first waypoint. After that, the drone will just fly right through all the intermediate waypoints until it reaches the last one, and then it will just sit there until I take another action.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Should have said I am using Litchi's app. Thx.

Last edited:
What app are you using? DJI Go4, Litchi, or other...?

Reactions: decaelus

I'm trying to get my drone to hover at each of several waypoints for 10 seconds. I create a mission with the waypoints and then set "Stay for" and enter ten seconds into the field for each waypoint.

However, the drone will only hover for ten seconds at the first waypoint. After that, the drone will just fly right through all the intermediate waypoints until it reaches the last one, and then it will just sit there until I take another action.

Don't know what app you are using. If it is litchi, make sure you don't have the path set to curved lines. When set to curved lines the drone never gets to the actual waypoint, and therefore never completes the desired action at that step.

Reactions: Yaros and decaelus
Don't know what app you are using. If it is litchi, make sure you don't have the path set to curved lines. When set to curved lines the drone never gets to the actual waypoint, and therefore never completes the desired action at that step.
Hm, I'm not even sure how to set curved line paths in the Litchi app. I didn't change any settings from the default flight settings. The "Curve Size" is set to zero for each waypoint, and the actual line shown on the mission map is a straight line. (The waypoints are only a few meters away from one another.)

Thx.

Hm, I'm not even sure how to set curved line paths in the Litchi app. I didn't change any settings from the default flight settings. The "Curve Size" is set to zero for each waypoint, and the actual line shown on the mission map is a straight line. (The waypoints are only a few meters away from one another.)

Thx.

Do you use "mission hub" to create your missions, if so it is under settings on the lower left of the screen. Either way, if your curve size is set to 0 ft it should be getting to the waypoint and performing any actions listed. I think in your case you want it to "stay for" and then how many seconds. As long as you are reaching the waypoint and those are both selected and set accordingly, it should work. I'm out of ideas at the moment, sorry.

Edit: Should have said I am using Litchi's app. Thx.
Thanks, all.

I was able to resolve the issue. I needed to choose “Path Mode: Straight Lines” (see image). Then the drone hovered at each waypoint.Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 6.58.18 PM.png

Reactions: Jam0ne and KB9Radio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803