DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones Respond to 911 calls

Interesting for sure. This would certainly scare people, but it might also make some feel safer realizing that the video can be recorded long before officers get there to know what might be really happening.

I have a hard time believing that the off the shelf drone can see a license plate well enough to be read from two miles away! I don't think my 300mm lens on my camera could make out a license plate that's two miles away. Perhaps she means 2 miles away from the police station the drone can go and get plates?

Last edited:
Yeah even load up a RED Epic on a Matrice M600 and you are not going to get 2 mile zoom on a license plate. I really think the person who writes these articles should get these facts straight.

2 Miles is 10,560 feet. Show me a license plate from that distance please using an "off the shelf" drone as the article indicates.

Pffft.....

• Haha
Reactions: CJH92474
These are not off the shealf DJI drone no no no these are specialized drones and custom software made By Cape
I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just making a statement that they couldn't possibly be correct in the article saying they were off-the-shelf components. I don't believe it even if they were customers built components. My 600mm couldn't read a license plate 2 miles away. I can just imagine how large a lens it would need to do such a claim.

Not to mention the fantastic image stabilising system you would need at such a focal length and making the whole apparatus small/light enough to fit in something smaller than a U2

Yep its BullCrap

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929