DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Druid's Temple - Masham

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Druid's Temple 4K - An early start yesterday gave me time for a quick flight at Druid's Temple near Masham while enroute to Darlington for a work visit...
I had some issues with the rednering, the footage is buttery smooth from the drone, but for some reason the rendered edit was a lot less smooth, with help from some on the forum we worked out that its to do with the 30fps set in the recording and 24fps that DaVinci is trying to set the project at - all now sorted - please take a look at our atmospheric edit of Druid's Temple.

Very nice. IMHO,, the moves tend to be a little too fast, especially on the vertical spins.

What an incredible site! Stonehenge, but without the crowds.

Resolve can be set to default to 30fps.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Very nice. IMHO,, the moves tend to be a little too fast, especially on the vertical spins.

What an incredible site! Stonehenge, but without the crowds.

Resolve can be set to default to 30fps.
Thanks... Only been flying for 4 weeks, and this is my 10th edit... I sped up the spinning descent to 2 x in order to get it all in, perhaps I should have left it at native speed... Thanks for the comments and your opinion / feedback, it is appreciated :)

You're doing fantastically for only 4 weeks experience. Aerial photography is effing hard.

The downward spiralling shot ending on the top of the single pillar would be a perfect candidate for shooting in reverse. Starting low on the close-up of the pillar and ascending is far easier to do than descending precisely into that closeup.

Reversing playback in Resolve is effortless. Right click on the clip and choose "Change Clip Speed". Enter minus 100%. No rendering!

Reactions: AlbionDrones
You're doing fantastically for only 4 weeks experience. Aerial photography is effing hard.

The downward spiralling shot ending on the top of the single pillar would be a perfect candidate for shooting in reverse. Starting low on the close-up of the pillar and ascending is far easier to do than descending precisely into that closeup.

Reversing playback in Resolve is effortless. Right click on the clip and choose "Change Clip Speed". Enter minus 100%. No rendering!
Thanks for the kind words... I have been having fun flying at every opportunity, and lots of youtube research on Resolve to learn how to do it... I have always been a photographer, so have a good understanding of images and PP and the exposure triangle, and although its totally different, I did get my PPL with a scholarship when at school many years ago, so am used to some flying, even if not the same as drone flying...
Hmm, that sounds like a really good way to do it and make sure it ends on target, tbh I set the Cine mode to 10 degree turn and 5% tilt and then lined up the crosshairs and went for it, thankfully it ended up on target - much better than what I tried above a turret at Conwy Castle that wandered...

I do lots of stuff backwards. Sometimes flying left to right across a subject is easier than the opposite. You do have to be aware of things like ocean waves or other giveaways, though.

If you don't know him, his guy:
offers some of the best Resolve tutorials on the Internet.
Thanks, will check him out...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929