DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Early morning sun strikes Delaware Breakwater East End Light, casting long shadows....

sbunting

Reactions
Early morning sun shines brightly on the Delaware Breakwater East End Light. My grandfather was a lighthouse keeper in 1915 and was assigned to the Harbor of Refuge Light, but also worked some at the Breakwater light, this one. The Harbor of Refuge Light (HRL & not shown), at the time he was working there in 1915, was not the one that stands today. He worked in the predecessor, which was under-built for the task. In 1918, the HRL shifted on its foundation during a storm and was dismantled and replaced in 1925. In 1919, my grandfather had moved over the the U.S. Coast Guard at the Lewes station. I think it was a good move! So these lighthouses are special to me and I wanted to catch a view both of it and from it at the height of the lens, so clearly a job for the drone. 2023 Aug 17 DJI Mavic 3 Cine 4K Video 60 fps / ISO 100 1/120 sec at f4.0. Got to love that 4K video, as you get huge, tack sharp stills from it if you want. This is one frame extracted from the video.
For those with a sharp eye, zoom in a bit and look at he osprey nest atop the little building on the rock jetty. There's an osprey sitting in the nest and I'd venture it is its mate that is perched on the railing of the lighthouse.
20230818 Breakwater light in morning light -topaz-denoise-sharpen.jpeg

Great shot complete with ospreys. We’re lucky if we see one a year here so that‘s why we visit Naples FL every year to get a few more! Lovely story about your Grandad.

Reactions: sbunting
Great shot complete with ospreys. We’re lucky if we see one a year here so that‘s why we visit Naples FL every year to get a few more! Lovely story about your Grandad.
Thanks... never saw the ospreys until much later when I started looking closely at details. I saw the one on the railing early on, but the one in the nest was a much later find. Those rocks were placed there in the late 1800's. It's amazing to see the patterns and placement of those rocks so long ago. Best....

Reactions: twickers14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13