DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Easier to focus correct with goggles?

You don't need goggles, and not all parts of the goggle image are in equal focus due to the optics in the confined space of the device.

Turn on focus peaking to highlight areas of the image that are in sharp focus.

You don't need goggles, and not all parts of the goggle image are in equal focus due to the optics in the confined space of the device.

Turn on focus peaking to highlight areas of the image that are in sharp focus.
I use peaking and AF (from 100-300 meters up) but still got unusable shots. It peaked correctly on the controller screen but back in the office with a large monitor the picture is soft. So, I wonder if you can see the exact focus in the goggles?

From what I understand, currently there is no possiblity to fit the goggles with corrective optical glasses. Thus fosusing depends on your vision.

I use a smart controller with a mavic 2 pro and have had some problems with getting soft focus. I mainly shot landscapes. Thinking of bying a pair of dji goggles for the ability to getting focus correct. My question: do the goggles make it easier to check focus?

Get a Hoodman loupe - they are for focusing on DSLR screens, but work well on other LCD monitor screens in direct sunlight! Also get the accessory eyecup for it.

Best thing about these is that they have a built-in diopter adjustment which the goggles don’t.

Last edited:
I use peaking and AF (from 100-300 meters up) but still got unusable shots. It peaked correctly on the controller screen but back in the office with a large monitor the picture is soft. So, I wonder if you can see the exact focus in the goggles?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but the goggles are lower resolution than the controller screen, and you cannot see all of the goggles image at one time (you need to move your eyeballs to examine the outer edges of the image). At the extreme edges, there is some distortion and blurring. It's not terrible, but also not what you want for pixel-sharp viewing.

Did you try taking photos when the bird is stationary, on a table, to see if it's a vibration / shutter speed issue?

Maybe you can post an image showing the soft focus problem?

I just thought it might be eaiser to see exact focus with goggles, just like a good evf attached a filmcamera makes it easier (and essential). But from the answers it seems like a NO, you cant judge the focus better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr