DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Mavic Mini serial numbers?

Capt. Mike

Reactions
Not sure if anyone here has addressed this topic or not…i havent found much about it on the internet anywhere… is it possible to edit the serial numbers in the Mavic Mini there has to be a way to change the gimbal or camera serial number after replacing it to get rid of that “incompatible gimbal” message…it doesnt effect the operation of anything its just a pain to have to see the message all the time just because the drone doesnt get a match when it looks for the original gimbals serial number assigned by DJI…The DJI service center can change it at an exorbitant cost…is there some way we can make the change ourselves with a script in python or something?? Sending my drone to dji or a service center is not an option for me…i could buy a new drone for what that costs 😒

The SN should be updated automatically when the application detects a new unit. (If I'm not mistaken)

I’ve never gotten any notice when I install a different gimbal. And I’ve done in many times when I Frankenstein something together

I’ve never gotten any notice when I install a different gimbal. And I’ve done in many times when I Frankenstein something together
I replaced a whole gimbal on one of my Mini's and always get the "incompatible gimbal" message....apparently according to the DJI Service Center they have to "marry" the serial numbers with the drone thats why i was thinking there could be a way to edit the mini in order to update the SN# ....its not a huge problem it doesnt effect the operation of the drone in any way other than getting the message randomly on the screen

The SN should be updated automatically when the application detects a new unit. (If I'm not mistaken)
yea...i've even been told by DJI that the new part has to be synced with the drone otherwise it sees mismatched info an shows the message...i figured it should be an easy fix if one could access the drones internal files to update them.

They use proprietary software to pair new gimbals to the motherboard. Only DJI and their authorized repair shops have it. (supposedly)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas