DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

erratic gimbal movement mid flight

coliwabl

Reactions
During the past few months, I have experienced erratic and crazy gimbal movement during mid flight. After this has occurred, I have returned home and performed the "auto adjustment" for the gimble setup, which seems to have resolved the issue. However, this issue has occurred multiple times during the period. Of course, I also re-calibrated everything I could just to be sure I was not missing anything. I have no idea if doing so had any effect on the problem. What I know is that after performing these steps, I was back to flying without incident for at least a few flights.

I do have the Refresh plan and have been giving serious thought to contacting DJI for a replacement. Before I do so, does someone out there experienced the above problem and if so, what cause the issue and what was the fix? Thanks!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
It could be just the gimbal resetting during recording. This is known to happen about every 4 flights with the MP and MPP. It will happen as the video file fills up and instead of starting another recording the gimbal will perform it's startup process. This could be your issue. If it is don't worry it's not dangerous and nothing is broken. It's just a dumb bug. Anyway, hope this helps.

During the past few months, I have experienced erratic and crazy gimbal movement during mid flight. After this has occurred, I have returned home and performed the "auto adjustment" for the gimble setup, which seems to have resolved the issue. However, this issue has occurred multiple times during the period. Of course, I also re-calibrated everything I could just to be sure I was not missing anything. I have no idea if doing so had any effect on the problem. What I know is that after performing these steps, I was back to flying without incident for at least a few flights.

I do have the Refresh plan and have been giving serious thought to contacting DJI for a replacement. Before I do so, does someone out there experienced the above problem and if so, what cause the issue and what was the fix? Thanks!

Have experienced the exact same thing with Mavic Pro. it’s cronic, I’d send it back!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

My Mavic Pro Platinum does the same thing!

Reactions: fd123_2000
Me and my son have the same issue. It’s when your recording and it reaches the 4 g limit on the sd card. It occurs when it starts a new file. It happens at exactly 9:05 on ours... it’s an intermittent problem. Don’t freak out. It will come home. It seems to be worse when you delete files off of your sd card in any other device than your drone. Just format in drone and no where else . Hope this helps!

Me and my son have the same issue. It’s when your recording and it reaches the 4 g limit on the ads card. It occurs when it starts a new file. It happens at exactly 9:05 on ours intermittent problem. Don’t freak out. It will come home.
Very interesting, I need to test that theory. Thank you

Reactions: fd123_2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000