DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Escape

Good morning everyone, I am going to show you my latest work done together with a friend who helped me a lot and I hope I made a different video than usual, I am waiting for your opinion.

Very Nice. Where are those videos taken please?

I did watch to the ending, the person waking up. However, since the rest of the video contained no backwards flowing water, and no backwards driving cars and that it did not seem to suggest that this was a backwards video, I don't understand how the reverse waterfall would be explained in the ending.

I am assuming this was someone viewing a dream and then they were woken by the alarm. We do not dream backwards, so maybe you could explain to me what you mean that the ending explains the reverse waterfall please.

A film making friend of mine, once did an entire video film backwards, but that was clearly meant to be that way all the way through, and the ending did explain that.

I know that sometimes when we film a scene, it looks better in reverse due to it moving away, rather than moving into the closeup. However, when that involves people walking or cars driving or water flowing, it is mostly best not to reverse those things, unless there is a valid self-explanatory reason, revealed in the film.
Simply if you did not understand that the sleeping person is the same as the beginning and that it was all a dream I don't know what to tell you, the waterfall on the contrary is a sign that we are inside a dream, as well as the woman with the red umbrella is a surreal element (perhaps less explicit than the waterfall). Why not all the video in reverse? Because simply the fact that it was a dream must remain a final twist. Could the whole concept be better expressed? Probably yes, but I don't make these videos for work and the time and means available are limited. I hope to be proved helpful

Simply if you did not understand that the sleeping person is the same as the beginning and that it was all a dream I don't know what to tell you, the waterfall on the contrary is a sign that we are inside a dream, as well as the woman with the red umbrella is a surreal element (perhaps less explicit than the waterfall). Why not all the video in reverse? Because simply the fact that it was a dream must remain a final twist. Could the whole concept be better expressed? Probably yes, but I don't make these videos for work and the time and means available are limited. I hope to be proved helpful
I understood that completely and stated that already. It was a dream, I stated. And the backward waterfall was the part I did not understand a meaning for. However, as an artist, there are things you have in your mind that make sense to you, but not necessarily to others, and that's okay.

Reactions: Grogu82
I understood that completely and stated that already. It was a dream, I stated. And the backward waterfall was the part I did not understand a meaning for. However, as an artist, there are things you have in your mind that make sense to you, but not necessarily to others, and that's okay.
Yes, in the end it was a small clue to make it clear that there was something wrong, and then in finishing the twist that it is all fake. Then let's face it, in our dreams there are always a lot of strange things and in the video I put that waterfall (idea of the co-author) and the red umbrella. The important thing is that we have clarified (hoping that the Google translator has not made too many blunders 😁).

Yes, in the end it was a small clue to make it clear that there was something wrong, and then in finishing the twist that it is all fake. Then let's face it, in our dreams there are always a lot of strange things and in the video I put that waterfall (idea of the co-author) and the red umbrella. The important thing is that we have clarified (hoping that the Google translator has not made too many blunders 😁).
Ahhh, now I have an even better understanding of what and why you did things. Thanks for the explanation, it is now clear why you used the reversing waterfall. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it.

Reactions: Grogu82
I did watch to the ending, the person waking up. However, since the rest of the video contained no backwards flowing water, and no backwards driving cars and that it did not seem to suggest that this was a backwards video, I don't understand how the reverse waterfall would be explained in the ending.

I am assuming this was someone viewing a dream and then they were woken by the alarm. We do not dream backwards, so maybe you could explain to me what you mean that the ending explains the reverse waterfall please.

A film making friend of mine, once did an entire video film backwards, but that was clearly meant to be that way all the way through, and the ending did explain that.

I know that sometimes when we film a scene, it looks better in reverse due to it moving away, rather than moving into the closeup. However, when that involves people walking or cars driving or water flowing, it is mostly best not to reverse those things, unless there is a valid self-explanatory reason, revealed in the film.
yes, it also itched me but on the other hand, that's art. He wanted it like this and he did it. No need to explain to anyone.

we don't get it? who cares ;)

Very good, I need to move as don't really have scenery like that to create anything remotely similar around here, Ho hum back to reality with a bump!!

Nice video! Great name of your production company as well...

I am in Northern Italy now, in the Dolomites, skiing. I was wondering which drone chart you have. I tried to get the one from the Italian CAA but apparently you need an Italian tax number for that, whereas most European maps are available to everybody.
I want to take the drone later this week when I hit the slopes, at least the parts where there are less people and buildings... :)

Any advice on where to get the charts?

Ciao!

Nice video! Great name of your production company as well...

I am in Northern Italy now, in the Dolomites, skiing. I was wondering which drone chart you have. I tried to get the one from the Italian CAA but apparently you need an Italian tax number for that, whereas most European maps are available to everybody.
I want to take the drone later this week when I hit the slopes, at least the parts where there are less people and buildings... :)

Any advice on where to get the charts?

Ciao!
Just check with the ski resort to make sure there is no Drone ban in effect for the ski terrain. You don't want to get arrested and have the drone confiscated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52