DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exporting GPS tracks?

Jedi5150

Reactions
Hello all, I've searched the web for this info, but everything I'm seeing is older info, involving older drone models.

We're using the Mavic 2 Enterprise (Zoom and non-zoom models) for work, and one of the tasks is Search and Rescue. I'm trying to find out how we can export the GPS track showing where the UAS has flown, preferably in a format that we can then import to our mapping software (our team uses SARtopo). We mostly use the smart controllers, but a few folks are using a tablet. We also have a Matrice 210, and the same question stands.

I'm not looking for anything too fancy, in fact the less data the better, for storage sizes and transfer speed. All I'm trying to get is a 2-dimensional view showing the path the drone has taken during the flight, as a way of tracking search efforts.

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.

Doug

I'm trying to find out how we can export the GPS track showing where the UAS has flown, preferably in a format that we can then import to our mapping software (our team uses SARtopo). We mostly use the smart controllers, but a few folks are using a tablet. We also have a Matrice 210, and the same question stands.
I've not seen the Pilot app to tell if it works the same way as DJI Go, but if it does, it will record a .txt file for your recorded flight data.
The Matrice uses either app.
You can use the Phantomhelp log viewer to convert the encoded txt file and get an option to download the flight track as a .kml file.
That's a fairly common file format that should be easy to work with or convert.
Here's an example of someone's recent flight to try.
The download KML link is near the top left

Reactions: Jedi5150
I've not seen the Pilot app to tell if it works the same way as DJI Go, but if it does, it will record a .txt file for your recorded flight data.
The Matrice uses either app.
You can use the Phantomhelp log viewer to convert the encoded txt file and get an option to download the flight track as a .kml file.
That's a fairly common file format that should be easy to work with or convert.
Here's an example of someone's recent flight to try.
The download KML link is near the top left

Thanks! I appreciate the head's up. I knew it was being recorded, so I figured there must be a way to convert it over. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks! I appreciate the head's up. I knew it was being recorded, so I figured there must be a way to convert it over. I'll give it a shot.
You'll find instructions for the Phantomhelp log viewer here:
With a bit of luck, the Pilot app will be similar enough that you can find the txt file and upload that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405