DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Express Care Refresh Madness

redhawkdrone

Reactions
I sent my MA2 to DJI under Express Care Refresh and a replacement (no crash, mechanical issue with the gimbal) was promptly mailed out. Unfortunately, the replacement MA2 was defective right out of the box....the camera was broken and I never even launched the drone. Customer service instructed me to return the defective drone which I did.

Here is the kick in the pants, DJI is telling me that this is not covered under Express Care Refresh because that case is "closed'. I guess sending me a brick satisfies DJI's end of the deal so they closed the case. Customer service now tells me the good news that the repairs will be free but I have to wait for my drone to be repaired. There is not a single person who seems to understand that sending me a defective drone doesn't close the original Express Care Refresh case. There is also not a single "supervisor" or "manager" to be found at DJI. I'm told a supervisor will call me back....and they did but it wasn't a supervisor, just another customer service person with no authority to resolve the issue. So guess what, you should wait a few more days for someone to call you back.

Maybe it is time to stop giving DJI my money, it might be time to hang up the camera drone hobby and move into FPV. At least this way, any repairs are on me.

I am underwhelmed by DJI support. I sent a Mav3 and controller in when the gimble continued to move downward even after letting go of the scroll wheel. They sent a new drone. It was the controller. They obviously did not test it. Then the new drone failed to eject the microsd card. I sent both back and eventually got another new drone and a new controller. Now I await a Mini3 Pro FlyMore Pro kit. It was mailed but UPS returned it to DJI because the packing was improper according to UPS. UPS marked it as Delivered and I've had a flurry of texts and emails. DJI now acknowledges the problem and I even got a phone call that was unrelated but the gal said she'd also check. Ordered the FlyMore kit on May13. Sigh. I am going to seriously consider ordering from somewhere that takes returns in some liberal way.

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Hi ak, I'm sure most of us have had experience with DJI in a lot of different ways and I'm one of them. I have to say that in my case only and that's all I'm speaking of DJI has been completely above and beyond anyone else I've dealt with. The biggest deal to me was one concerning something that was MY fault. I accidently bent the pins on 3 of my batteries because I was careless (there was a VERY tiny pebble) in one of the slots on my charger. 3 batteries got damaged. I sent them to DJI to see if they could repair them, maybe straighten the pins or replace them. The very next week I got a package in the mail from DJI with 3 brand new batteries(I checked the cells to be sure)in it and a slip saying no charge. My damage and no charge for over $300 worth of batteries. I have Care Refresh on this particular drone but certainly didn't believe they would eat the costs of these units. I'm as happy as can be and thrilled. I know this doesn't happen all the time but for me, it was GREAT.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I’ve had good interactions with them as well. They warranty replaced my first Mavic 3 Cine that was lost when it plunged into a river. They sent me a package with the drone that included a ton of free goodies. The replacement had sensor issues and had to be sent in for evaluation. Dji determined the second drone was defective and sent another new one with expedited shipping. Never had a single issue with communication. Anytime I called they talked with me and when I emailed they responded within 24hrs. The third drone has worked flawlessly for the record.

With regard to my saga, they had me cancel my order and then reorder which put my expected arrival date at Aug3 after ordering May 13. After many emails back and forth they have said they will ship it as soon as possible when they are back in stock. It has, at least, moved to Warehouse Processing. Here in AK full on winter can hit as early as the first week of Sept so I am disappointed in this failure but as tragedies go, it's not Shakesperean...

With regard to my saga, they had me cancel my order and then reorder which put my expected arrival date at Aug3 after ordering May 13. After many emails back and forth they have said they will ship it as soon as possible when they are back in stock. It has, at least, moved to Warehouse Processing. Here in AK full on winter can hit as early as the first week of Sept so I am disappointed in this failure but as tragedies go, it's not Shakesperean...
I retired in Alaska and spent 35 years there I understand. I have other friends who fly year round and send me a lot of fantastic pictures. Unfortunately for me I wasn't into droning while there. Kids are still there so I'll be in and out. Try and enjoy it year round my friend. Oh, when my new Mavic 3 arrived it would not hold IMU calibration. After the long wait I had to send it back and they are sending me a new one but because of the way things are it's taking longer than normal but that's the way things are nowadays.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78