DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA launches The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)

MavicPilots News

Staff Member
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Earlier this year, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) had issued a request for entities interested in serving as test administrators for The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST). Today, the agency is taking its new test for hobbyist drone pilots live.

FAA launches The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST)​

The FAA’s TRUST program is meant to provide recreational or hobbyist drone flyers with information on best practices and educational resources to ensure safe drone operations.

The FAA’s TRUST program was designed with input from the drone community in response to requirements included in the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 (PDF) that required development of a test to demonstrate a recreational flyer’s understanding of aeronautical safety knowledge and rules for operating unmanned aircraft.

The test is part of a commitment on the FAA’s side to increase the public awareness of drone regulations and safe UAS operations in the national airspace.

The FAA’s TRUST test is free of charge and takes about 30 minutes. It includes four quizzes that you will need to complete successfully in order to get your certificate.

“We are excited to help the community and the FAA by providing the test on our website. The training is quick and easy and provides great information for recreational pilots,” said Greg Reverdiau from the Pilot Institute.

You can take the FAA TRUST Training for free provided by the Pilot Institute.

Big announcement! The FAA has released the recreational drone exam (TRUST) and we are an approved test provider.

All recreational drone pilots in the US need to take it.

Complete the training here. It's free, fast, and a one-time deal. FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute#FAA #TRUST pic.twitter.com/MbqnYNe2ej

— Pilot Institute (@pilot_institute) June 22, 2021

Get your Part 107 Certificate​

Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.

pilot institute dronexl

Stay in touch!​

If you’d like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…

Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*

Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.

* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.

The post FAA launches The Recreational UAS Safety Test (TRUST) appeared first on DroneXL.co | Drone news, rumors, specs DJI Mavic 3 other UAS.

Continue reading...

Great timing :D Looking forward to taking this later today or tomorrow :)

Reactions: sharkface
Took it for the heck of it because every flight has the intent of creating images to sell or use to promote my art on social media... so I had no reason to take it.
But I figure if I take it, it shows I do care about the rules.

What exactly is the purpose of this test? What effect will it have on those who take the test?

What exactly is the purpose of this test? What effect will it have on those who take the test?
So recreational flyers know the basic rules and best practices of flying a drone. The effect is that they will now be flying legally although, at this time, there is no deadline set for when it will be required.

Effect? I guess information about flying in the NAS. It's like getting a fire or backcountry permit. Basic info and I'm glad it came out this way. It's basic enough for a kid to pass it. I have several friends who have kids that don't have a clue about FAA rules and regs. Even some of their parents don't. To me it is a step in the right direction. When I purchased my first RC aircraft I didn't have a clue either. I learned from the AMA and eventually this site as I progressed with drones.

Just finished it. Super simple, but I figured I'd cover my backside! It's summer in the desert, so flying weather has not been kind...near 120* regularly and saw it hit 125 at home one day. I'm staying indoors!!!

I imagine this will allow law enforcement to interrogate a pilot if an issue is raised. Asking for the basics — registration number of the drone and the pilot’s TRUST certificate — can assure an officer that you’re meeting the most basic requirements. Those that can’t provide these credentials might be subject to further scrutiny.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54