DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Fall at Whiteface Mt, NY

Make sure he is careful where he flys in the ADKs I heard they can be sticklers for flying in Wilderness areas. Stunning leaves great job.

Good comments. There are 18 wilderness areas in NYS and the nearest is Mt Mckenzie which is on the other side of Whiteface mountain but not the Whiteface Mountain Ski Area. I thought most were further south around Mt Marcy and I was wrong. I was more worried that they would treat Whiteface Mt as a "state park" as it's owned and operated by NYS and there is no flying drones from NYS State Parks. That said, he sees people with drones when he is skiing there so I felt he was alright as long as he didn't fly over people or over the operating gondola lift.

My 14 year old grandson shot this video at Whiteface Mountain in the Adirondacks of NY using his Mavic Air 2. Whiteface Mountain was the site of the ski races during the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympics. I compiled the video using Vegas Movie Studio 17.

https://youtu.be/yk-Z17URf2s
Brings back great memories. Spent a bunch of vacations up there in the 1960s and 70s. Then there was the 1980 Winter Olympics, and the "miracle on Ice" in Lake Placid. I would love to re-visit with my drone!

Brings back great memories. Spent a bunch of vacations up there in the 1960s and 70s. Then there was the 1980 Winter Olympics, and the "miracle on Ice" in Lake Placid. I would love to re-visit with my drone!
I bet that does! I've never been there but it sure reminds me of how much I loved skiing.
Epic length video but really worth the watch and listen. your son has a good eye..there are some beautifully framed shots and he picked the perfect altitudes. Thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405