DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fast Ascent

G Lee

Reactions
Does anybody know if a very rapid climb in AGL causes problems with a mavics body or batts.? I tried sport mode for the first time the othe day , and wow. But can climbing so fast cause structural problems? After all i cant pop the birds ears as its going up.

Reactions: Dronage
Does anybody know if a very rapid climb in AGL causes problems with a mavics body or batts.? I tried sport mode for the first time the othe day , and wow. But can climbing so fast cause structural problems? After all i cant pop the birds ears as its going up.
during a fast ascent there will be considerable forces at play, the props, the motors, the ESCs ,the batteries, and the structure of the drone will all be under a lot more stress ,and if something is not up to par then it will most likely fail during such a mannouver and over a long time of doing that it could cause stress cracks in the drone a classic problem was the phantoms propensity to get stress cracks at the end of the arms where the motors bolt to them it was overcome to a certain extent by the fitting of light weight aluminum plates that encapsulated the very end of the arms and strengthened them ,another cause of stress cracks is violent mannouvers , such as sharp turns and sudden changes in direction these drones are meant to be camera drones and do not like being thrown around like a racing drone

Thx for the reply sir. Its amazing how fast they can climb or go forward. I do use my drone primarily for pics and vids. So sport mode i quess will not be used much. I havent had a situation to use it yet , just wanted to see how fast was fast. Thx again.

during a fast ascent there will be considerable forces at play, the props, the motors, the ESCs ,the batteries, and the structure of the drone will all be under a lot more stress ,and if something is not up to par then it will most likely fail during such a mannouver and over a long time of doing that it could cause stress cracks in the drone a classic problem was the phantoms propensity to get stress cracks at the end of the arms where the motors bolt to them it was overcome to a certain extent by the fitting of light weight aluminum plates that encapsulated the very end of the arms and strengthened them ,another cause of stress cracks is violent mannouvers , such as sharp turns and sudden changes in direction these drones are meant to be camera drones and do not like being thrown around like a racing drone
That reminds me. I should inspect my P3A for any more cracks. Not that I've flown it much in the past year.

Thx for the reply sir. Its amazing how fast they can climb or go forward. I do use my drone primarily for pics and vids. So sport mode i quess will not be used much. I havent had a situation to use it yet , just wanted to see how fast was fast. Thx again.
lee is right the m2 isn’t a racing drone,i typically use the sport mode when im in a hurry to catch a shot or when i want to bring her in when birds show up and get to curious

Reactions: G Lee
Speaking of birds , i here that Seaguls get real curious at drones. Never had a run in with any type of bird yet. I dont like to use the word yet. Birds , storms , rain , just fast changing conditions while flying i see would be a need for sport mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty