DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Faster photo taking

ebrandon

Reactions
Compared to my Phantom 3 Advanced, one of the few things I find limiting in the Mavic Air is the amount of time it takes to process a picture before the shutter button becomes available again.

So here are things that won't work for me:
1) Use a faster SD card. Already using super fast SD card that can take 4k video.
2) Don't shoot RAW. I need RAW for my photo application.
3) Use the burst modes. Too fast. I need to take pic, move my drone, take a pic, move my drone, etc. Taking 5 pics in 1/10 of a second doesn't meet my needs.

Any ideas on how I can set things up differently so that the time in between taking still images can be shortened?

Compared to my Phantom 3 Advanced, one of the few things I find limiting in the Mavic Air is the amount of time it takes to process a picture before the shutter button becomes available again.

So here are things that won't work for me:
1) Use a faster SD card. Already using super fast SD card that can take 4k video.
2) Don't shoot RAW. I need RAW for my photo application.
3) Use the burst modes. Too fast. I need to take pic, move my drone, take a pic, move my drone, etc. Taking 5 pics in 1/10 of a second doesn't meet my needs.

Any ideas on how I can set things up differently so that the time in between taking still images can be shortened?

The main factor that will affect this is the shutter speed - are you shooting in auto or manual and during the day or in low light? If shooting on a very bright day in auto the camera will default to a very fast shutter anyway, since it does not need to let much light in, in low light the shutter will stay open longer to let more light in - meaning it takes longer to take the photo. If you're shooting in bright day light and this is still too slow there's not much else you can do i'm afraid, except maybe shoot jpeg only - raw photos take in all the data from the sensor which is why it takes afew seconds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian