DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC Grant of Authorization

Texbow

Reactions
Can you clarify for me the FCC Grant of Authorization? I apologize for my lack of understanding. When applying for a BLOS waiver my understanding is that the waiver must include the certificates for devices (Drone, Smart Controller). Are these certificates specific to each individual drone / smart controller or a blanket certificate for the device (all Mavic Pro 2 certificates look identical)? Are the certificates provided by the FCC or does DJI provide them for their devices?

Thank you.

Can you clarify for me the FCC Grant of Authorization? I apologize for my lack of understanding. When applying for a BLOS waiver my understanding is that the waiver must include the certificates for devices (Drone, Smart Controller). Are these certificates specific to each individual drone / smart controller or a blanket certificate for the device (all Mavic Pro 2 certificates look identical)? Are the certificates provided by the FCC or does DJI provide them for their devices?

Thank you.

What country are you in? I'm fairly sure that nothing from the FCC is required to obtain FAA waivers in the USA.

What country are you in? I'm fairly sure that nothing from the FCC is required to obtain FAA waivers in the USA.
USA. I'm almost certain that I read that the FCC Authorization Certificate was necessary as part of the BLOS waiver. Something to do with signal interference.

USA. I'm almost certain that I read that the FCC Authorization Certificate was necessary as part of the BLOS waiver. Something to do with signal interference.

Ah, I see that now specifically for the BLOS waiver. To answer your question, the FCC authorization isn't specific to a particular serialized drone, but the manufacturer gets the entire model line approved by the FCC prior to putting the device on the market.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15