DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feedback needed! First drone short-film: Mini 3 Pro

To all of you in this forum: I’m impressed by the interaction that takes place. I do appreciate your time for watching the videos (not only mine, but those of other members too) and taking your time commenting this thread!

As mentioned before, I’m new to drone flying and film-making. I read your feedback and I’ll do my best to incorporate it into my next projects. Every detail you mention, will help me to think about things, I haven’t focused on before.

That’s what made me upgrading to a premium-membership of mavicpilots.
I’ll definitely recommend this platform to others and I hope, I can give back some tips and knowledge to the community in the future!

MavicPilots: Thank you!

FerdinandS

Reactions: MS Coast
In reference to audio, in Shotcut I have separate audio music and audio voice channels to I can decrease the music volume just during narration. Soft-spoken voice may set the mood but can be easily over powered by music..

I think you made a typographic error- not ducking-I think you meant to say dubbing? Neverthesless, I agree with the comment that the music over powered the voice/narration.
No, I meant ducking, as in ducking under. There is a terrific YT video by Jason Yadlovski about how to have the music channel listen to the voiceover track and automatically turn it down as needed when editing in Resolve. I expect other video postprocessing SW has similar features. Here is a link to that tutorial.

Audio Ducking Tutorial

Reactions: MS Coast
Yes, you've seen it from more than one forum member, the music at the end needs to be clearly lower than your voice, maybe even a little lower in the beginning since you have a quiet delivery in your narration. But honestly FerdinandS, I've been telling stories with video for over 40 years, all professionally in television news and in video production, and this is a good story. If you stay with this format, you'll do well. The length of the video was perfect. Good luck.

Yes, you've seen it from more than one forum member, the music at the end needs to be clearly lower than your voice, maybe even a little lower in the beginning since you have a quiet delivery in your narration. But honestly FerdinandS, I've been telling stories with video for over 40 years, all professionally in television news and in video production, and this is a good story. If you stay with this format, you'll do well. The length of the video was perfect. Good luck.
Thank you - I’ll try my best!

Hi Everyone!

I’ve posted this link already in my first “Welcome Message” and now I’m looking for your specific feedback on framing, editing, sound-design and to the making of this short film!

I appreciate your comments and looking forward to improve my drone-filming based on your critic!

Used equipment and settings:
- Mini 3 Pro (with RC controller, standard battery)
- (yet) no nd-filters
- D-Cinelike profile, 4k, 24p
- Cine-mode with very slow gimbal-speeds. Active track and Quick-shots used.
- editing and color-grading in FcpX
- POV B-Roll shots and timelaps added with GoPro Hero10
- Music and sound-effects from epidemic sound

Thanks for watching and commenting!
FerdinandS

As a newbie , still flying in beginner mode , aircraft is a Mavic 2 pro and wonder what free video programs you use to show your footage on this site

Your voice is overpowered by the music. Hard to tell what you are saying.

iMovie supports auto-ducking, but I don't think FCP does. There is a cheap third-party tool that can do that:

Here is a quick review/tutorial (which is plugging their own video editor, so take with a grain of sodium chloride…):

Of course, you can also do it by hand. For s short video that may be the best option.

First of all i disagree with one persons definition of cinematic thats not what it means
some great cinematic style shots the panning gimble shots were great added narration helped it boost up and i liked it

As a newbie , still flying in beginner mode , aircraft is a Mavic 2 pro and wonder what free video programs you use to show your footage on this site
Most folks post to youtube and provide a link here. The same can be done with other video services, such as Vimeo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne