DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fight the wind.

Duds

Reactions
Hi guys. Maybe a silly question but I'm new here so bear with me.
In the event of the mini drifting due to wind, does the mini perform any better if backed into the wind or for that matter yaws into the wind? Maybe the pitch is different or something? I always fly into the wind first and try and set it that I'm flying home with a tail wind but sometimes gusts or sudden wind direction catches one out so maybe swinging it around and flying backwards may help? Any ideas?
The other query I have. Mention is made of tripod mode. What's that? My mini only has P. S. and C. modes. Different model maybe?
Appreciate feedback, thanks.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi guys. Maybe a silly question but I'm new here so bear with me.
In the event of the mini drifting due to wind, does the mini perform any better if backed into the wind or for that matter yaws into the wind? Maybe the pitch is different or something? I always fly into the wind first and try and set it that I'm flying home with a tail wind but sometimes gusts or sudden wind direction catches one out so maybe swinging it around and flying backwards may help? Any ideas?
The other query I have. Mention is made of tripod mode. What's that? My mini only has P. S. and C. modes. Different model maybe?
Appreciate feedback, thanks.
tripod mode with the MM is what is called C mode and is something that is found on larger mavics it works the same by limiting speed and control responces to stick input
gusts are the enemy of any drone and can pop up anytime just put so some turn against the direction of of the wind so as to keep the drone heading home as straight as possible and if in RTH it might be best to cancel it and fly back manually of course reducing height if possible

Reactions: WooZie
so maybe swinging it around and flying backwards may help?
Your drone flies at the same speed in any direction.
Try a test flight in different directions and see for yourself.

Thanks guys. Thought as much but with lockdown its difficult to do any flying let alone testing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa