DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

File Numbering

snappy1

Reactions
I noticed when I flew my MA2 for the second time that the file numbers started over again. I saw on the DJI forum that everytime that a card is formatted, the numbering sequence starts over again. DJI knows this and says that they have sent the issue to their engineers. In the meantime, a work-around is to leave one file on the card with the last file number on it in the proper folder and the card will continue numbering upward from that file number.

If you save the files to a different folder on your PC it will give you a chance to rename / number them without overwriting anything.

I use the same workflow as I use for my video camera as it can also generate the same filename for two different cards. It's a simple system where I create a folder in the format of YYYYMMDD based on the date taken, copy all files for that date from the card to this folder, and then run a "CMD" batch file I wrote to rename the files with the prefix "DJI_". The rename program just uses the parent folder name, which is the YYYYMMDD created, and prompts you for the SD card ID you assigned to it. And then the rename batch file will create the prefix "[Parent folder]-[Card ID]-[Original DJI filename]. For example, Parent folder is "20200525", Card ID = "01", original DJI file copied off of card = "DJI_0008.MP4" would be renamed to "20200525-01-DJI_0008.MP4".

I can post the code for the rename program if anyone is interested.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242