DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filter Question

BikerGeek

Reactions
Should you only use filters when you're not in auto mode? Was testing out a CP filter with the settings to auto with white balance set to sunny day. It worked fine for about the first 10 minutes or so. Then, when coming down, everything went white. I had this happen a week or so ago when I was at a park using an ND-8 Filter but I don't remember if it was in auto or not. I'm thinking this might mess up the sensor? When I went to manual and adjusted the shutter speed I was able to make the exposure better. I thought an ND might do this but a CP filter too?

A CP (or polarizing) filter, must be fitted in relation to the position of the sun. They generally work best when the sun is 90° to the left or right side of the lens. During your return journey, the sun was most likely cutting through the polarization, straight into the lens. They work fine in auto mode, just be aware of the lens' angle to the sun.

But shouldn't it reset when it's not pointed at the sun or when it's coming down into the shade?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM