DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Final Cut Pro X - Recommended Plus-Ins

RickinWaST

Reactions
After much research, feedback from the forum, I decided to go with Final Cut Pro X. I could go into a lengthy rational, but the bottom line it fit my needs.

Mavic 2 Pro is my first drone & never edited video. As a result, I finished a iMovie tutorial and today one for FCPX. With my strong landscape and PS CC background, I have these few quetions...

<> Starting out, what plug-in should I consider? Another way to frame the questions, is what is missing in FCPX to make editing easier? {Note: I've just started using Color Board effects: Curves, Wheels, Hue/Saturation.}

<> I have briefly look at these sources: SkyGrades and MotionVFX {This source has too many choices..grin} So, the question: Which sources are the best in that they produce a great product, offer great support/tutorials and continue to evolve.

<> I've come across a few "free" plug-ins. Are they worth considering?

<> Not sure what else I ought to asking/considering?

~ Thanks ~

Thanks!

Last edited:
After much research, feedback from the forum, I decided to go with Final Cut Pro X. I could go into a lengthy rational, but the bottom line it fit my needs.

Mavic 2 Pro is my first drone & never edited video. As a result, I finished a iMovie tutorial and today one for FCPX. With my strong landscape and PS CC background, I have these few quetions...

<> Starting out, what plug-in should I consider? Another way to frame the questions, is what is missing in FCPX to make editing easier? {Note: I've just started using Color Board effects: Curves, Wheels, Hue/Saturation.}

<> I have briefly look at these sources: SkyGrades and MotionVFX {This source has too many choices..grin} So, the question: Which sources are the best in that they produce a great product, offer great support/tutorials and continue to evolve.

<> I've come across a few "free" plug-ins. Are they worth considering?

<> Not sure what else I ought to asking/considering?

~ Thanks ~

Thanks!

I’d get used to the program first then play with ads on’s.
I’ve got a few freebies from MotionVFX and they’re cool but just a tool to get you to pay for more. Nothing in life is free.
I did a lot of research as well but being an Apple person went with this. The program has a lot of cool stuff in it anyway before you look at plugins

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks you Herbie D for your comments. You are correct. I took a look at a few plugins, but realized I need to fine-tune my use of the color correction/grading tool in FCPX so I can become more proficient. After a few hours of FXPX tutorials, I feel very comfortable.

With my PS CC background for landscape photography, most of the features in FCPX pertaining to enhancing the color of a video are very similar {Curves, Color Wheel, etc.}

Like with PS CC for most folks, they find the work flow takes too much time & effort. A professional photograph friend, Blake Rudis, developed a powerful extension for PS CC. It is called "Zone System Express Panel." Using it, I can now produce a spot-on {At least for me.} finished image more than half-the-time it use to take. My point? I'm looking for the same type of work saving plug-in for FCPX.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1