DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally got the nerve to fly it over water

A little advance marketing here relative to flying over water.

NOTE TO FORUM OWNERS Please eliminate this post without hesitation if I am in violation of any posting requirements

here goes
Would anyone be interested in a water retrieval that worked something like detailed below.

This item is not offered for sale here or anywhere at this time I am simply "testing the water" to see your general interest.
I will not discuss any pricing or availability at this time and or without approval / authorization from this forms owners.
Please do not ask $$$$$ I will not and can not offer that here or anywhere at this time.

===========How it works=========
Attach the device to your large or small drone example on the top of a Mavic or Spark or to the landing legs of a Phantom. Attachment via hook & loop or releasable cable ties.
Go fly
Device attachment & recovery capsule is secure against wind and vibration.
Capsule release is water activated, not suitable for flying in the rain
30 second recovery capsule release after water contact
100 feet of recovery line unloads from the recovery capsule as it floats to the water surface
Locate the recovery capsule and lift your drone with the 100 foot tethered recovery line.

======PROJECTED PRODUCT FEATURES=======
Small compact
Light weight , approx 100 grams (4 ounces)
30 second recovery capsule release time after full water contact, (it has to get wet)
Water activated, no chemicals or batteries needed.
Reusable over and over again, simply replace a simple trigger mechanism
Waterproof and crush proof recovery capsule good to 300 feet
Clear float capsule can be painted with hi vis color or simply install a high vis color insert
Clear Float capsule will hold and keep dry printed media (paper) with your message / contact info etc
Clear Float capsule will hold and keep dry the typical Strobon Cree strobe or similar device for under water and superior surface visibility
100 feet high strength recovery tether line to raise your drone. You can easily add a longer tether line
Hook & Loop or releasable cable ties attachment to any drone

mikemoose55

I like the idea. I fly over water most of the time. And I've taken a dip a few times as well. Flying low over the Potomac river, there are often random trees/branches emerging from rock islands.

Mark - great shots! I agree, you just need to trust your AC. I fly over water all the time, no ball thing'e or CO2 float'e cork thing'e ether. If I did have those might as well have a inflatable Air Bag in case it hits the ground too.
That's true. I've flown over water a couple of times w/o any trouble But seeing other posts from people with a smaller (than a Mavic) drones that go into a lake makes me a little nervous about loosing my M2Z. But if I was going to spend some time over a lake that might be a good low cost investment. But then I do have insurance and that $60.00 gets me a new one if that did happen.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie