DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Find my drone.......

Gary cato

Reactions
last night i took a flight to discharge my batteries for journey to Thailand

I have landed not switched drone or Rc on.

Just opened my app and looked at find my drone which is still packed untouched in my backpack.

Yet my location is the exact spot i am sitting in Thailand.

A place this drone has never been and remember i have not unoacked or turned drone on and it has no battery in it

How is that possible?

Perhaps it was just using your GPS location from your mobile device? Was it the drone's location you saw, or the dot that indicates *your* location.

I'm pretty sure you're seeing your current location.
Maybe but my drone shows as a blud arrow in the android app in the ios app there is the green line to where the drone is supposed to be and flashing blue circle where i am maybe on android i am a blue arrow not a blue dot the dot flashes as i mive on ios line stays fixed on android no flashing arrow

Maybe but my drone shows as a blud arrow in the android app in the ios app there is the green line to where the drone is supposed to be and flashing blue circle where i am maybe on android i am a blue arrow not a blue dot the dot flashes as i mive on ios line stays fixed on android no flashing arrow
That would be your current location. The drone's location is a giant red arrow in a white circle.

I haven't connected to my Mavic since downloading the latest app version but the Find My Drone map shows my Mavic in China and my position somewhere outside of town that I have never been . I'll get a chance to fly tomorrow and see if it corrects itself .

I think for find my drone the Mavic had to be turned on.
Update, have just tested find my drone and once you have started your Mavic and it has acquired full GPS and your phone has GPS turned on and has also aquired GPS then "find my drone" will show your current location (in blue and the Mavics location (in red) on the map with a green line to it.
If your phone does not have GPS or GPS is turned off then your location is shown by cell tower fix and this may be off by upwards of a mile/kilometer depending on your cell provider and cell tower location.
If your Mavic should force land or go down somewhere it will record or store it last knowen GPS location and this is what will be shown in the "fined my drone" map so you can locate it more easily should the need arise.
Just keep your phones GPS on and the green line will give you a direction and distance to it as you get closer as well as live view.
Note, even when Mavic is turned off, it remembers its last GPS position so if battery runs down you can still locate it.
Also if Mavic is still powered on you can activate on the "Find my drone" by touching the drone symbol the Mavics LED lights and also an alarm in the way of the ESCs beeping so you might be able to see or hear it if close.
ce90f904f4428247e9782049c075e213.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dlopezjurado
I think for find my drone the Mavic had to be turned on.
I dont think so. If I open the app and hit find my drone is shows the location where I landed my Mavic earlier today and says Missing duration "3 hour".

Tapping on this label gives me the sub menu with "Turn on smart Led" and "turn on esc beeping" which would of course require the Mavic to be on and connected.

But the last location does not need it to be powered.

Reactions: Dragonfly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic