DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Finding our perfect secret Anchorage. (Sailing Learning By Doing Ep122)

Vernon

Reactions

Sailing out of Alor Island was bitter sweet as we'd had such a great time there. We were sent off by a huge pod of dolphins and had a very calm overnight sail to our next spot. Now this place is not in any guide books and I hadn't seen any other boats going there but a local guy called Ridwan had sent me a few pictures and told me it was a very beautiful place. We arrived just after sunrise and saw right away that we'd found something special. Anchoring in 14m of water with a submerged sand island a few meters off our stern we truly had found a little piece of paradise. This video is only 12min long but we spent nearly a week here. No villages nearby, no sounds other than nature, just true bliss. Enjoy this one guys.

Sailing out of Alor Island was bitter sweet as we'd had such a great time there. We were sent off by a huge pod of dolphins and had a very calm overnight sail to our next spot. Now this place is not in any guide books and I hadn't seen any other boats going there but a local guy called Ridwan had sent me a few pictures and told me it was a very beautiful place. We arrived just after sunrise and saw right away that we'd found something special. Anchoring in 14m of water with a submerged sand island a few meters off our stern we truly had found a little piece of paradise. This video is only 12min long but we spent nearly a week here. No villages nearby, no sounds other than nature, just true bliss. Enjoy this one guys.
I cannot believe that I am the only one to respond to this amazing video. Nevertheless, it was truly a most enjoyable 12 minutes of video indeed! So many thoughts in my mind as I watched it. Firstly, you two are one very lucky couple. Secondly, you are a great sailor, photographer, diver, and editor, and your wife (?wife) is a very sweet looking person. She exudes the carefree, and playful life you are so fortunate to live! I usually never finish a video over 3 minutes but I enjoyed each and every second of this one, including the final slide show. Keep up the nice work (not really work). At the very least, we can all enjoy your exotic travels vicariously!

Dale
Miami
www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com

I cannot believe that I am the only one to respond to this amazing video. Nevertheless, it was truly a most enjoyable 12 minutes of video indeed! So many thoughts in my mind as I watched it. Firstly, you two are one very lucky couple. Secondly, you are a great sailor, photographer, diver, and editor, and your wife (?wife) is a very sweet looking person. She exudes the carefree, and playful life you are so fortunate to live! I usually never finish a video over 3 minutes but I enjoyed each and every second of this one, including the final slide show. Keep up the nice work (not really work). At the very least, we can all enjoy your exotic travels vicariously!

Dale
Miami
www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com
I'll respond, Its a drone forum, for me to much vacation video and not enough flying. those guys have an amazing time in a beautiful area and wish we all could be there, but It's hard to sit through
someone else's vacation on a drone forum, hand held especially.

I'll respond, Its a drone forum, for me to much vacation video and not enough flying. those guys have an amazing time in a beautiful area and wish we all could be there, but It's hard to sit through
someone else's vacation on a drone forum, hand held especially.
Of course we would all rather it be US! At least I can enjoy this video vicariously. In addition, my wife and I are still active travelers so I watch everything for the possibilities of traveling to that area ourselves. The moderators have not yet ruled out videos that do not contain drone topics.

Last edited:
Of course we would all rather it be US! At least I can enjoy this video vicariously. In addition, my wife and I are still alive work travelers so I watch everything for the possibilities of traveling to that area ourselves. The moderators have not yet ruled out videos that do not contain drone topics.
Of course Dale, but you made the statement that you were the only one to respond, and I gave (my opinion) on why. I know there are forums for travel videos.

Of course Dale, but you made the statement that you were the only one to respond, and I gave (my opinion) on why. I know there are forums for travel videos.
Well, I , for one, was actually blown away by the video. It is a rare video that keeps my attention for so long. It comprised all of the elements that I myself try to encapsulate in my travels, which is, a good chronological story that keeps the viewer's interest, includes still photos of good quality that show greatly composed images, (which this film did), great drone footage(as this film has) , underwater videos of excellent quality, a bit of sailing , gorgeous seascapes, great video editing, and good story telling. It is a rare occurrence to have all of these elements on this forum, so that is why I commented that I couldn't believe others haven't commented too. Certainly it is a travelogue and sure there are travel forums, but on this film, so many elements were wrapped into one good film. Again, my congratulations to Vernon and his wife and thanks for sharing this with us all.

Reactions: Vernon
Well, I , for one, was actually blown away by the video. It is a rare video that keeps my attention for so long. It comprised all of the elements that I myself try to encapsulate in my travels, which is, a good chronological story that keeps the viewer's interest, includes still photos of good quality that show greatly composed images, (which this film did), great drone footage(as this film has) , underwater videos of excellent quality, a bit of sailing , gorgeous seascapes, great video editing, and good story telling. It is a rare occurrence to have all of these elements on this forum, so that is why I commented that I couldn't believe others haven't commented too. Certainly it is a travelogue and sure there are travel forums, but on this film, so many elements were wrapped into one good film. Again, my congratulations to Vernon and his wife and thanks for sharing this with us all.
Thanks so much Dale and I'm very happy that you took the time to watch my video. I of course realise this is a drone forum and I dont post any videos here that dont have plenty of drone footage. Without the drone footage this video would have been way less interesting but any more and it becomes too saturated. Using drone footage to embellish a story rather than just showing off drone skills is what I aim for. I've been flying drones since around 2002, building my own ones back then.
I release a video each week so feel free to check out my back catalog and if you feel so inclined please share with your friends.

Thanks so much Dale and I'm very happy that you took the time to watch my video. I of course realise this is a drone forum and I dont post any videos here that dont have plenty of drone footage. Without the drone footage this video would have been way less interesting but any more and it becomes too saturated. Using drone footage to embellish a story rather than just showing off drone skills is what I aim for. I've been flying drones since around 2002, building my own ones back then.
I release a video each week so feel free to check out my back catalog and if you feel so inclined please share with your friends.
I just clicked to follow your travels

Reactions: Vernon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000