DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmward upgrade problems

Curt

Reactions
As with my first firmward upgrade with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro this second upgrade took retry after retry after retry with no success using an Android device "DJI Crystalsky 5.5 monitor". The update would start and stop around 8 to 10% and freeze. I would get a error message saying "internet connection failure". I tried using the assistance 2 program and still failure. Then the little bell in my brain rang and I remembered using my IOS Apple mini tablet for the last update to firmware which worked. My earlier trys took over and hour and a half with failure. My IOS Apple mini tablet took around twenty minutes to complete this new update with no failures. Guys and girls if you look on your original Mavic 2 Pro shipping box it says "Made for Iphone" and then gives a list of acceptable Iphones. Their is no mention of Android phone or tablet devices. Use your IOS devices it worked for me.

Last edited:
As with my first firmward upgrade with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro this second upgrade took retry after retry after retry with success using an Android device "DJI Crystalsky 5.5 monitor". The update would start and stop around 8 to 10% and freeze. I would get a error message saying "internet connection failure". I tried using the assistance 2 program and still failure. Then the little bell in my brain rang and I remembered using my IOS Apple mini tablet for the the last update to firmware which worked. My earlier trys took over and hour and a half with failure. My IOS Apple mini tablet took around twenty minutes to complete this new update with no failures. Guys and girls if you look on your original Mavic 2 Pro shipping box it says "Made for Iphone" and then gives a list of acceptable Iphones. Their is no mention of Android phone or tablet devices. Use your IOS devices it worked for me.

Not sure why you have issues with the assistant program, ive flashed and reflashed my MP loads of times and never had an issue, maybe your laptop/pc has a flaky internet connection, ive flashed a mates MP2 for him as well and again no problems.

Ive been trying for the last 15 hours or so now to upgrade and failed.

Android since the release of the Mavic 2 hasnt worked. Its utterly shameful they broke it and haven't even bothered fixing that issue in 5 months or so.
Although less convenient, assistant 2 has previously worked for me but not this time.

Now i get "Downloading...." it stays on 0% and after about 10 mins times out with a "network error". Ive tried reinstalling assistant disabling all AV and firewalls, rebooting and attempting via safe mode and the same issue.

The network connection is fine, everything works perfectly at the same time in the background.

So now it looks like i have NO method to upgrade my firmware what-so-ever. Android Go4 is broken and seemingly they wont bother fixing it and now assistant 2 wont download the firmware for me either.

Android since the release of the Mavic 2 hasnt worked. Its utterly shameful they broke it and haven't even bothered fixing that issue in 5 months or so.
Although less convenient, assistant 2 has previously worked for me but not this time.

Now i get "Downloading...." it stays on 0% and after about 10 mins times out with a "network error". Ive tried reinstalling assistant disabling all AV and firewalls, rebooting and attempting via safe mode and the same issue.

The network connection is fine, everything works perfectly at the same time in the background.

So now it looks like i have NO method to upgrade my firmware what-so-ever. Android Go4 is broken and seemingly they wont bother fixing it and now assistant 2 wont download the firmware for me either.

Are you using the latest assistant program ?

As I mentioned in my last thread if you have a IOS device (Apple ipad or iphone) that is hooked up to your network try it, it works for me with no errors.

Thats great unless you're one of the 75% of users that dont own an apple device (and dont know anyone with a device nearby to even borrow one).

Its crazy that a company seems to ignore 75% of the userbase and the platform their own devices run on.

Thats great unless you're one of the 75% of users that dont own an apple device (and dont know anyone with a device nearby to even borrow one).

Its crazy that a company seems to ignore 75% of the userbase and the platform their own devices run on.

Un-install DJI GO app from phone.
Re-install DJI GO app and update firmware.

if the firmware fails to complete, power off drone, controller and re-start controller then drone. Continue update.
Hoe this helps.

It doesn't.
It failed on all 3 devices on all versions of Go4 released since the mavic 2 came out with the same error every single time.

It doesn't.
It failed on all 3 devices on all versions of Go4 released since the mavic 2 came out with the same error every single time.

That's not fun at all.
Before I got my M2 I did some research and knew of the update problems. Thankfully I didn't run into your problems.
I know DJI does have information on their web site for this and I am sure you know this already.
What about an email to DJI support (I know it takes time).

Yes. Downloaded last night. Slowly.

Slowly, it’s 67mb, are you on a dial up connection, slow internet may explain the issue

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS