DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware best choice

Unless your Mavic is going to be the last DJI drone you ever fly, it likely won't matter. Whatever things are in the current firmware right now, are likely going to be included in all DJI aircraft in the future.

A reason I'm not in the market for a new one...

In general, 01.03.0400 didn’t work well in general with the new DJI GO 4 App. Video was laggy. Some parts of the new app weren’t even compatible with this old firmware. .0400 was just too old.

I updated to .0900 (the last version that you can remove the altitude limit) and it was released long ago enough that DJI hadn’t started making the Mavic worse in order to drive more sales of their new drones.

Works fine with the app now. I can’t do a range test just yet because it’s raining and gonnna be raining non stop for another week. Vancouver, I love you.
I'm in that 400 old fw and there is no such vid lag..

I'm in that 400 old fw and there is no such vid lag..

Are you using a mixed firmware?
What OS is on your phone?
Are you using the latest DJI GO 4 App?

All those could affect the video. For me, I run 03.0900 with iOS and the latest DJI GO 4. .0900 worked better than .0400 on the latest DJI GO 4 on iOS with no mixed firmware. I'm running straight up .0900 with no mix.

Reactions: phantomi
Are you using a mixed firmware?
What OS is on your phone?
Are you using the latest DJI GO 4 App?

All those could affect the video. For me, I run 03.0900 with iOS and the latest DJI GO 4. .0900 worked better than .0400 on the latest DJI GO 4 on iOS with no mixed firmware. I'm running straight up .0900 with no mix.

Maybe is because I always use Litchi. I did not perceive video lags...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89